Death Brands Are Horrible Things by Lira_of_Imladris
Summary: Sequel to Death Brands, you could probably get away without reading that one but it would probably make a little more sense if you did.

Legolas has been taken back to Lasgalen to be with his father and siblings. Elrond accompanied the elf prince but is growing worried about Legolas and his own three sons. It has been two years since the events in Death Brands and Legolas still hasn't woken. elrond knows why and Thranduil now has to figure out why his son won't wake with the information he has been given
Categories: Third Age - Pre LOTR Characters: Aragorn, Arwen, Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond, Erestor, Glorfindel, Legolas, Original Character, Thranduil
Genres: Angst, Drama
Language: English
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 10424 Read: 160483 Published: 10/03/07 Updated: 10/04/07
Story Notes:
Estel is now aware of his heritage and travels with the rangers. Elrond hasn't been back to Imaldris for about six months and Elladan and elrohir grow bored without their father, little brother or best friend. Very Elrond based which is unusual for me.

1. Chapter 1 - Missing by Lira_of_Imladris

2. Chapter 2 - I'm Coming by Lira_of_Imladris

3. Chapter 3 - Return by Lira_of_Imladris

4. Chapter 4 - Discoveries by Lira_of_Imladris

5. Chapter 5 - An Explanation by Lira_of_Imladris

6. Chapter 6 - The Duties of a Father by Lira_of_Imladris

7. Chapter 7 - Antidotes by Lira_of_Imladris

8. Chapter 8 - Welcome To The Family by Lira_of_Imladris

9. Chapter 9 - Clarifications by Lira_of_Imladris

10. Chapter 10 - New Beginnings by Lira_of_Imladris

11. Chapter 11 - I Know of Your Orders by Lira_of_Imladris

12. Chapter 12 - Departures and Poisons by Lira_of_Imladris

13. Chapter 13 - Why Do You Stay With Him? by Lira_of_Imladris

14. Chapter 14 - Awakening by Lira_of_Imladris

15. Epilogue - Whole At Last by Lira_of_Imladris

Chapter 1 - Missing by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Elrond is in Lasgalen with Thranduil and his family and has a serious talk with the elvenking about Legolas. Elrond sorely misses his own sons.

Elrond watched as Thranduil and his children wept over the eldest prince’s slumbering figure. All of Legolas’ siblings were there, Narulas, Nuinlanthir who were Legolas’ older brothers and Aelield, their younger sister.

“How did this happen Ada?” Aelield asked as her father wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

“He was injured when he and my three sons were in the Trollshaws. He was hit in his left side by an arrow I believe was poisoned.” Elrond explained from the doorway where he stood watching the family.

“If he was merely poisoned, why does he still sleep? It has been two years since he was injured Elrond and I would like some answers! What happened to my eldest son?” Thranduil asked agitatedly.

“I understand that you request your family knows how exactly Legolas was injured but I would prefer to inform you of the events that led to this in private.” Elrond requested. Thranduil scowled at the elf lord before leading Elrond to a small room just up the hall from Legolas’ room.

Thranduil shut the door and turned to Elrond.

“Now tell me what happened.” Thranduil instructed.

“About a week before he was injured, Legolas found that he was marked with the death brands Thranduil and you know as well as I or any healer what that means. When he and my sons left for the Trollshaws, I sent Lord Glorfindel to watch over him but I still couldn’t prevent what happened and I apologize for that.

“Elladan was also injured in the attack but when Legolas was returned to Imladris I sat with Legolas not Elladan. It wasn’t because I feared what might happen to me if he died but because he needed someone to look after him! I know you care for your son Thranduil but every time he is in Imladris by himself, he is always much more relaxed and I didn’t understand why until I brought him back here!

“He fears you Thranduil because in your heart of hearts you blame him for the death of your wife and you need to stop it! You need to see that your son needs you now more than ever! I know why he doesn’t wake and so do you! One reason is because the brands are now healing but the other reason you can figure out for yourself because I don’t plan to tell you!” Elrond yelled before storming off to his quarters.

*          *          *

Someone knocked on the door but Elrond ignored them. He didn’t want to talk to anyone and that scared him. He felt that he needed his father or his brother and no one else.

The door opened and a messenger came in with a letter from Imladris addressed to Elrond. After the messenger had left, Elrond stood and retrieved the letter from a table near the door.

“What have Elladan and Elrohir destroyed now?” Elrond mused aloud as he unfolded the parchment.

“Dear Ada,

“We are pleased to inform you that we haven’t broken anything around the house. We just thought you might want to hear how we’re doing. Estel, well Aragorn now is fine and he said he might try and get to Lasgalen to visit you. We wish you were here for we miss our Ada but we don’t miss any of your nasty concoctions. I don’t anyway, Elrohir almost ripped off his arm at the shoulder the other day after falling out of a tree.

“Apart from that mishap we haven’t attempted to get ourselves killed yet, mainly because Erestor and Glorfindel won’t let us go anywhere outside the borders. I think they miss you as well. Arwen is alright, she returned from Lorien about a week ago and she misses you with all her heart and sends her love to you and Legolas.

“Hope he’s healing quickly and that you’ll return to us soon – Elladan.” Elrond read aloud to himself. “I love you too son.” Elrond said quietly before placing the letter on the bedside table and flopping onto his bed. Slowly, Elrond fell asleep but his dreams were still haunted as they had been for a long time now.

Elrond dreamt of his days when he and Elros used to mess about and he dreamt of lying under the stars watching Eärendil shine in the dark sky at night. He sorely missed his family and wished he had them now more than ever.

End Notes:
I hope you liked this and thanks for reading, please review if you have any comments at all
Chapter 2 - I'm Coming by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
It is the morning following Elrond's feud with Thranduil and his attention turns to Legolas.

The next morning, Elrond woke but was reluctant to get out of bed. He rolled onto his back and stared at the ceiling, wondering what Elladan and Elrohir were doing. They were probably thinking up a plan to annoy Erestor for the day and that particular thought made the elf lord smile.

 

“Why is Legolas afraid to wake and see his father? Of course I may be wrong but what else could it be?” Elrond wondered aloud before somebody knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.” Elrond called from his bed.

 

“Lord Elrond, Legolas just woke and he wishes to speak with you.” Narulas said.

 

Elrond jumped from his bed and hurriedly dressed before he ran to where Legolas lay. When he reached Legolas’ room, he stopped running and took a deep breath in.

 

“It wasn’t that urgent that you needed to run Lord Elrond.” Legolas said simply.

 

“What is it? Narulas came and said you wanted to speak with me.” Elrond explained.

 

“I wanted to ask you something. When you were an elflings, when you felt bad and you needed someone to talk to, who did you talk to?” Legolas asked at length.

 

“I would usually talk with Elros and then after he left for Numenor, I would often speak one of my close friends. Why do you wish to know Legolas?” Elrond asked.

 

“Because I feel horrible and I don’t want to talk to my family about it.” Legolas replied. “I want to talk to my father about it but I know he still holds blame against me for what happened to Naneth, I just wish he could look past the blame he holds against me and see that I need him.” Legolas continued.

 

“He knows that, I told him yesterday but I doubt he paid much attention to that lecture. Legolas, I think the reason your father holds blame against you for what happened to your mother because he still grieves for her. Why he blames you for it I have no idea but he still loves you. He just needs time to discover that.” Elrond explained.

 

“Hannon le Lord Elrond.” Legolas replied before he began to cough. Blood spurted out of the young elf’s mouth and onto the covers of his bed. When Legolas saw this he gasped.

 

“Your lung hasn’t healed itself yet.” Elrond breathed.

 

“What do you mean? Narulas said I’ve been sleeping for two whole years! How can it possibly not have healed by now?” Legolas exclaimed.

 

“I don’t know Legolas but I feel the events caused by the death brands aren’t over yet.” Elrond replied as he looked up at Legolas.

 

Legolas was worried; Elrond could see the fear flooding the elf’s eyes.

 

“Legolas, could I take a quick look at your left side where the arrow hit you.” Elrond asked.

 

Legolas nodded before he lifted up his shirt to reveal the stitched wound that were remnants of the injury Legolas had accumulated two years ago. The last time Elrond has seen it, it had been covered in blood but now it was a black colour.

 

“Just as I suspected. Poisoned.” Elrond explained as he looked back into Legolas’ eyes.

 

“With what?” Legolas asked.

 

“A formidable poison that keeps the victim asleep for a long period of time. As the victim prepares to wake, the wound turns black and becomes infected usually.” Elrond explained.

 

Legolas gasped. He didn’t want this to happen. He’d thought that being hit by an arrow was bad enough but he didn’t need or want this as well.

 

“What are you going to do?” Legolas asked worriedly.

 

“I’m not exactly sure Legolas. The best thing to do would be put you back to sleep and then tend to it here but I feel I cannot do it that way for I need you to be extremely relaxed, something you aren’t when you are here for some reason.” Elrond explained.

 

“What else could you do?” Legolas asked curiously.

 

“The other thing I could do is take you back to Imladris and heal it there but that will take more time and your father most likely wouldn’t approve.”

 

“Do  what you can for my son even if it means you have to take him back to Imladris to do so.” Someone said from the doorway. Elrond turned around to see Thranduil standing there with a sad expression upon his face.

 

“Do you mean that after what happened yesterday milord?” Elrond asked as he stood up to face Thranduil.

 

“I do. What you said yesterday is true and I will help amend my actions by letting you take Legolas back to Imladris if it means he has a better chance at surviving. I cannot bear to lose another member of my family.” Thranduil replied.

 

“We need to leave now. We’ll need one horse and water and provisions for a journey to Imladris. I’ll be able to prepare Legolas and myself relatively quickly, but the horse and supplies need to be ready by the time I go to the stables with Legolas.” Elrond instructed.

 

“I’ll see to it that it is done with all haste Lord Elrond.” Thranduil said before he left.

 

“How long will it take us to get to Imladris?” Legolas asked quietly.

 

“About three days.” Elrond answered. He looked at Legolas to see that the elf was slowly falling asleep. Don’t worry Legolas; you can sleep while I ride. I will not let you fall.” Elrond promised.

“Thank you.” Legolas said before he fell asleep. Elrond smiled gently before returning to his quarters to gather his belongings including the letter from Elladan.

 

Within half an hour, Elrond and Legolas had departed Lasgalen and they were on their way back to Imladris.

 *I’m coming my sons, I am coming* Elrond thought as he rode as fast as his horse was capable of.
End Notes:
Here's the second chapter and i hope you liked it. Please review
Chapter 3 - Return by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Elrond returns with Legolas to Imladris and discovers more about Legolas' health.

Elladan and Elrohir sat under a tree in the gardens. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the sky was clear and the birds were singing. It had been about two weeks since Elladan had sent the letter to their father and he still hadn’t received a reply.

 

As the twins began to talk about things they used to do with Legolas and Estel, Glorfindel arrived with a smile upon his face.

 

“What are you so happy about?” Elrohir asked agitatedly.

 

“What’s gotten into you lately?” Glorfindel asked.

 

“His arm still hurts but that’ll teach him not to fall out of trees. What is happening that is making you so happy Glorfindel?” Elladan asked.

 

“Your father just returned but the conditions on which he returned are less merry.” Glorfindel explained.

 

“Why? What has happened? Is Legolas alright?” Elrohir asked hastily.

 

“I’m not exactly sure what is wrong with Legolas. Your father rode up and carried Legolas inside before I had a chance to talk to him.” Glorfindel replied.

 

“I guess he came back to answer your letter ‘Dan.” Elrohir suggested.

 

“No, something is wrong.” Elladan said as he stood and headed for the Houses of Healing where he found his father.

 

“Ada, what is going on?” Elladan asked quietly as he approached his father.

 

“Legolas has been poisoned for the past two years. He woke when we were still in Lasgalen and coughed up some blood. Where he was hit, the wound has turned black.” Elrond explained.

 

“If you found that he’d been poisoned when you were still in Lasgalen, why did you bring him back here?” Elladan asked quizzically.

 

“Elladan, can we talk about this later? Go and do something with Elrohir for a few hours. I’ll come and find you when I’m done here.” Elrond replied. Elladan stared at his father for a moment before he turned on his heel and returned to his room where he thought of reasons why his father would have brought Legolas back to Imladris to tend to him when he could have done it in Lasgalen. Elladan was extremely confused about this.

 

*          *          *

 

Legolas’ head was pounding; he slowly opened his eyes and blinked a few times to clear his mind of the fog and his vision of what seemed to be tears. His side pained him as if it had recently been cut open. He gingerly took in a deep breath and yelped as pressure was applied to his side.

 

“Relax Legolas.” Elrond cooed softly. “How are you feeling?”

 

“My side hurts.” Legolas breathed. “And my back also.”

 

“Your back? What happened to your back Legolas?” Elrond asked softly in an attempt to keep the Mirkwood prince relaxed.

 

“I don’t remember.” Legolas replied.

 

“Can I have a look at your back Legolas?” Elrond asked. Legolas nodded silently before Elrond helped him sit up.

 

Gently, Elrond lifted Legolas’ shirt to reveal a series of scars, some of which still bled slightly. Elrond covered Legolas’ back again before allowing the elf to fall back into his fatherly embrace.

 

“Why do you care for me so much Lord Elrond?” Legolas asked.

 “Because you need someone who cares for you right now Legolas.” Elrond whispered as Legolas fell asleep in his arms. *If only Thranduil would do the same* Elrond thought before he lowered Legolas down onto the bed and headed for the library. Elrond had some thinking to do.
End Notes:
Probably not the longest chapter i've ever written but meh. Hope you liked this and please review
Chapter 4 - Discoveries by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Elrond and Elrohir spend some time thinking about things

The next day, Elrond still remained in the library trying to figure out how Legolas had accumulated the scars on his back. Another thing Elrond had begun thinking about was how Legolas had been marked with the death brands in the first place.

 

*          *          *

 

Elrohir knocked on the door to the library only to be dragged away by Erestor.

 

“You can’t disturb your father; he’s trying to figure what happened to Legolas.” Erestor explained quietly yet urgently.

 

“What happened? Is Legolas alright?” Elrohir asked frantically.

 

“I don’t know! Your father knows the answer to that but he refuses to talk to anyone.” Erestor replied, still whispering.

 

“Then I shall ask him.” Elrohir said cheekily before turning and entering the library.

 

“Go away Elrohir. I need peace and serenity.” Elrond said without looking up to Elrohir.

 

“What are you trying to figure out Ada?” Elrohir asked. “What is wrong with Legolas?”

 

“Legolas has a series of scars on his back and I am trying desperately to figure out what caused them. I am also trying to figure out why he was marked with the death brands in the first place if you wish to know.” Elrond replied agitatedly.

 

“Do you want some help?” Elrohir asked. This made Elrond look up at his son who now stood next to him.

 

“If you have nothing else better to do.” Elrond answered.

 

“I’ll help you with the scar thing first. What did they look like? I mean, did they look as if they were from a battle or something else?” Elrohir asked hastily.

 

“They were not caused by the blade yet some sections of the scar were a darker colour than others. They looked as if. . .” Elrond trailed off. “Whipped. Legolas was tortured.” Elrond exclaimed.

 

“That would explain why they are only scars. They would have to be from before he was here two years ago but when? Why didn’t he ever tell us he’d been tortured?” Elrohir asked.

 

“Only he can answer that but we can ask him another time, he needs rest now. What about the death brands? What do we know about them?” Elrond asked.

 

“Well, we know that they foretell supposedly when you will die, how you will die and who will be with you when you die. We also know that they are marked on the person, they don’t just pop up like daisies after winter. But what do those two facts tell us?” Elrohir asked confusedly.

 

“Who do we know that holds a grudge against Legolas ion nîn?” Elrond asked sarcastically. Elrohir looked confusedly at his father before realization struck him.

 

“Thranduil either whipped Legolas or had someone do it for him. My guess would be that someone did it for him. Thranduil may despise his son but he still hasn’t the heart to harm Legolas on his own.” Elrond explained, narrowing their conclusion.

 

“But what about the death brands? Thranduil hasn’t the mind or the skill to do that either?” Elrohir queried.

 

“Someone else would’ve done that as well. Thranduil thinks he has all the evidence hidden but he knows as well as we do that he hates his son enough to want him killed but I never thought it was this bad. I feel I have actually done Legolas a favour by bringing him back here.” Elrond replied. Elrond then made a realization of his own.

 

“The night before Legolas and I left, I had an argument with Thranduil. I told him there were two reasons why Legolas didn’t wake. I told him one reason but the other I told him to figure out by himself. The other reason was that Legolas feared him but now I understand why Legolas fears him. It is because of what Thranduil has put Legolas through. Now that I begin to think of that night, where is Arwen?” Elrond asked.

 

“I believe she is in her quarters.” Elrohir replied. One of the healers then burst through the door with Erestor close behind.

 

“What is it?” Elrond asked as he stood, ready to face the worst.

 “Legolas.” Breathed the elf. Elrond looked back at Elrohir before he began to run for the Houses of Healing.
End Notes:
This chapter is now finished and so are chapters 5 & 6. Please review
Chapter 5 - An Explanation by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Legolas tells his account of what happened before he arrived in Imladris before he found the death brands.
“Legolas! Are you alright? What is it?” Elrond asked hastily as he sat down next to the elven prince. “I remember. I remember what happened to my back.” Legolas exclaimed. “Explain then, tell me what happened.” Elrond suggested. Legolas took in a deep breath before he began to explain the events that had unfolded before his arrival in Imladris. “On my way here to Imladris two years ago, I was captured by orcs. They took me to their caves in the Misty Mountains where they interrogated me, not that they got any information. They longed for information about Lasgalen’s defence forces but I refused to answer and they . . .” Legolas trailed off. “Legolas?” Elrond asked in little more than a whisper. “I’m fine, just having a little trouble remembering what happened. From memory, they then whipped me. This was no ordinary whip however. It burned when it hit me.” Legolas explained. “Then that’s how you acquired the brands. Do you remember anything else?” Elrond asked almost eagerly. “My back was bleeding, my shoulder and forearm painful and the orcs left me out in the mountains with my weapons and a water skin.” Legolas continued. “Legolas, how about you go back to sleep and I’ll wake you in a few hours. I have some thinking to do.” Elrond suggested. Legolas smiled and nodded as Elrond departed, most likely for the library. *Hannon le Ada* Legolas thought as he closed his eyes and fell asleep.
End Notes:
Now before you judge this, take into consideration that i wrote this before i decided to finish chapter four with the help of Henoluin_Elsilim. Please review
Chapter 6 - The Duties of a Father by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Elrond sends some time with his children who he's practically neglected for so long in an attempt to help Legolas.
Elrond knocked on the door to his daughter’s bedroom. Arwen opened the door slowly before leaping into her father’s embrace. “How are you ield nîn?” Elrond asked as Arwen stepped back. “I’m alright. When I heard about all of this drama with Legolas I came home as fast as I could.” Arwen replied as she led her father into her bedroom. “Did you see Estel when you returned?” Elrond asked eager to hear anything of his youngest son. “Only just. He was here looking for you but when he learnt that you were still in Lasgalen he left. How is Legolas now?” Arwen asked. She may have fallen in love with Aragorn but she still cared for the Silvan elf with whom she was once betrothed. “I asked Elladan but as usual he wasn’t very informative. I feel he is angry with you Ada. Would I be right in saying that?” Arwen continued. “You would be. I think Elladan might be a little angry with me because I have spent so much time with Legolas over the past two years. Legolas is alright at this point in time but I fear the worst for what may come to pass in the next few days.” Elrond replied beginning to sound like the Lady Galadriel. “Why? Ada what is going on that makes you so worried?” Arwen asked anxiously. “Legolas was poisoned by orcs on his way here two years ago. They gave him a water skin that I’m guessing was filled with poisons to make Legolas lose his memory of the event and a poison that puts you to sleep for a long period of time while any wounds turn black and almost rotten. “I should probably be readying an antidote for him but he needs rest as well, he has been through quite an ordeal these past years and I don’t plan to make it any worse at this particular point in time.” Elrond explained at length. “I need to talk with Elladan; do you know where I can find him?” “I believe he’s down at the archery fields.” Arwen replied. “Hannon le. I’ll go and talk to him then.” Elrond said before he turned on his heel and left for the archery fields. *          *          * Elladan released another arrow. It whistled past the target and into the cluster of trees that stood behind it. Elladan threw down his bow in frustration and headed towards where his arrow had disappeared. Luckily, the arrow had struck a tree. Elladan pulled the arrow free and turned around to see his father smiling at him. “What do you want?” Elladan asked angrily. “To know if you’re angry with me.” Elrond answered. Elladan looked up at his father, a confused expression upon his face. “I’m not angry with you Ada, I’m just scared.” Elladan replied. “What are you scared about?” Elrond asked as he edged closer towards his son. “Legolas.” Elladan whispered as a tear rolled down his cheek and fell onto his father’s sleeve as Elrond wrapped his arms around his eldest son in a fatherly embrace. “It’s alright Elladan. Legolas will be fine, I promise you.” Elrond said softly as Elladan wept into his sleeve. “Why don’t we go back up to your room and talk?” Elrond suggested. Elladan looked up at his father and nodded as he sniffed and wiped his eyes. The pair then wandered back up to Elladan’s room where they began to talk about a variety of things that had occurred whilst Elrond had been in Lasgalen. They talked late into the night until they fell asleep. *          *          * Elrond woke suddenly. During his dreams he’d come upon an idea. He didn’t know if Legolas had told him the truth about what had happened to his back, sure the story was fitting enough but Elrond felt there was more to the young prince’s tale. Slowly and carefully Elrond stood and departed his son’s room for his study. It was still dark, a few hours before dawn so Elrond decided to put his plan into action now before anyone woke up. He sat down at his desk, grabbed a piece of parchment, a quill and an inkpot before he began to write. *~*~*~*~*~*Dear King Thranduil, I wish for you to come to Imladris for I need to speak to you about something involving Legolas and an injury he said he accumulated before he arrived in my valley two years ago. I do not plan to hold any blame against you for what has happened but I plead for you to come. Not for me and not for anyone else but for Legolas. It is your duty as a father to do this. He needs you to help him, he cannot do this alone Thranduil. Please come as soon as you can so we can resolve this. Lord Elrond of Imladris*~*~*~*~*~* Elrond held up the piece of parchment and read what he’d written. It seemed alright. He folded it and sealed it before he placed it in his pocket and headed for the Houses of Healing.
End Notes:
Here's the sixth chapter and don't ask how long it's going to take me to post the next one because i've had a mental blank. There's still a fair amount of writing to do before this tale is finished but i promise it will be done by the end of the school holidays. Thanks to everyone that's read and or reviewed this story, it really helps to keep me going. Please review and thanks
Chapter 7 - Antidotes by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Antidotes come in all shapes and sizes. Warning, this chapter is very long by my standards. on word it was four pages long!

Legolas looked up to see light pouring through the windows of the Houses of Healing in Imladris. It felt like it was going to be a beautiful day, one that he would sadly not be able to enjoy. His side was more painful than it had been since it had been pierced by an arrow that sad day two years ago. He heard the door open and looked to his right to see Elrond coming towards him.

 

“How are you feeling this fine morning Legolas?” Elrond asked as he sat down next to the elf.

 

“Alright but I must admit, I have felt much better on many other occasions.” Legolas replied as he attempted to sit up.

 

Elrond gently pushed the elf back down onto the bed and Legolas smiled. One of the other healers walked past and handed Elrond a cup.

 

“Legolas can you drink this for me?” Elrond asked.

 

“Well I could if you would let me sit up.” Legolas joked.

 

*Well at least he hasn’t lost his sense of humour from that poison* Elrond thought as he helped the young elf to sit up. He handed Legolas the cup and watched hopefully as Legolas drank.

 

After Legolas had handed the cup back to Elrond and he was lying down again Legolas chuckled.

 

“What?” Elrond asked.

 

“I should be asking what not you for one thing. What was that foul liquid?” Legolas asked.

 

“Legolas, in that water skin the orcs gave you, I believe there was a poison in it called mórsad. It is usually used when the victim is already injured and turns the skin around the injury black. The thing is though; you didn’t consume it until after they had injured your back so therefore, it has affected your side. The liquid I just gave you is the antidote. Sleep now and I will wake you later. If you wake before I get back I forbid you to attempt to get out of bed or to try anything stupid.” Elrond ordered.

 

“Alright.” Legolas replied simply. Elrond shook his head in disbelief, mainly for the fact Legolas had listened, unlike Elladan, Elrohir and Estel ever did. He stood and headed for the door as he passed by one of the other healers he requested they keep an eye on Legolas until he returned.

 

Elrond then went in search of Glorfindel. The elf lord was in the library arguing with Erestor about some trivial topic Elrond didn’t pay any attention to.

 

“Glorfindel, I need you to deliver a message to Lasgalen for me.” Elrond requested as Erestor stormed off.

 

“To whom does this message need be delivered to?” Glorfindel asked as he took the note from Elrond.

 

“To Thranduil. Go as fast as you can and make sure he comes as fast as possible.” Elrond replied. “Tell him that it is urgent and that Legolas is involved, nothing else.” he continued.

 

“I shall leave immediately.” Glorfindel replied before he bowed and ran off to gather his things.

 

*Now what to do?* Elrond thought as he wandered down to the gardens by the river.

 

“Ada!” someone called. Elrond looked around to see Elrohir rushing towards him.

 

“Mana ná sa ion nîn?” Elrond asked as he stood up.

 

“Elladan fell, hit his head. Erestor’s with him but he wants you.” Elrohir explained hurriedly.

 

“Where is he?” Elrond asked as he began to walk back towards the house.

 

“By the stairs leading down to the gardens, he was going to find you.” Elrohir replied. The pair then took off.

 

*          *          *

 

Elladan lay on the ground clutching his temple. Blood ran down his face and into his eyes, blinding him but he didn’t care about that, he wanted his Ada.

 

Elrond ran up to his son and lifted him onto his lap. He quickly looked over his son and when his eyes returned the crack on the side of Elladan’s head.

 

“Oh Elladan, what am I ever going to do with you?” Elrond asked as he held his son. “What happened?” Elrond asked hastily as he picked Elladan up in his arms.

 

“He was looking for you. I asked him why but he wouldn’t tell me. Then he got angry and I accidentally pushed him down the . . .” Elrohir trailed off.

 

“Don’t worry Elrohir, this wasn’t your fault.” Elrond replied softly. “Erestor, take Elrohir back to his room and calm him down before he kills himself. I’ll take Elladan.” Elrond instructed.

 

“Why would he kill himself milord?” Erestor asked.

 

“He’s believes he has harmed his twin, you know how Elrohir is.” Elrond whispered. Erestor nodded before leading Elrohir away.

 

“Elladan can you hear me?” Elrond whispered to the elf in his arms.

 

“I can.” Elladan replied faintly.

 

“Whatever you do don’t fall asleep alright?” Elrond pleaded.

 

“Ni indóme Ada.” Elladan replied.

 

Elrond carried his son all the way to the Houses of healing and by the time he reached a bed he practically dropped his son.

 

“I’m getting too old for this.” Elrond joked. A cough was all Elrond gained. He knelt down next to his son who was barely awake. “Are you alright Elladan?” Elrond asked feeling rather stupid, his son was covered in blood and he was asking whether he was alright.

 

“I’ve been better. Ada, can I tell you something?” Elladan asked in little more than a whisper. Elrond nodded silently. “I’m glad you’re here. Elrohir didn’t mean what he did but I still trust you more than anyone.” Elladan whispered.

 

“I know. I’m going to go and find some bits and pieces so I can hopefully fix your head but I can tell you now there will be permanent damage.” Elrond joked. Elladan smiled as Elrond stood and walked towards his store cupboard. He gathered the objects he would need and returned to Elladan’s bedside.

 

As he cleared the blood away from Elladan’s newly acquired injuries, Elrond’s gaze turned towards Legolas who still slept soundly. His breathing seemed fine and he didn’t wince the way he had for the past few days when he shifted in his sleep. Yet something was still wrong that Elrond couldn’t quite figure out.

 

“Ada?” Elladan asked worriedly.

 

“I’m fine. So what number is this now? I believe you’re up to injury number four thousand, six hundred and seventy – two?” Elrond joked as he continued the task at hand.

 

Soon enough, Elladan was all patched up and sleeping as he usually did after he acquired another injury.

 

Elrond had taken up his usual position next to Legolas and was watching him sleep, trying to pinpoint what exactly was still wrong.

 

“Lord Elrond, Elrohir wishes to speak with you.” Erestor said as he sat down next to Elrond.

 

“Tell him I’ll talk with him later.” Elrond replied.

 

“No, not later. Now! Elrond, you have become obsessed with trying to keep Legolas alive. He will be fine with me for a while no go and talk to Elrohir!” Erestor instructed angrily.

 

Hesitantly, Elrond stood and departed for Elrohir’s room.

 

Elrond didn’t bother to knock on the door for he knew his son wouldn’t bother answering it.

 

“What is it Elrohir?” Elrond asked as he sat down next to his son on the bed.

 

“I’ve hurt him Ada. I pushed him and I hurt him.” Elrohir exclaimed shakily.

 

“It is alright ion nîn. You may have pushed him but you did not harm him. You have done nothing wrong Elrohir. Why don’t you go and sit with him? He’s sleeping but I think he would be glad to wake up and see your face.” Elrond suggested. Elrohir nodded silently and the pair headed back toward the Houses of Healing.

 

“Hannon le Ada.” Elrohir said out of the blue.

 

“What for?” Elrond asked even though he knew the answer.

 

“For being here.”

End Notes:
Elvish:

Ni indóme Ada - I will Father

Mana ná sa ion nîn - What is it my son?

Awwwwww!!!!!! I don't know what compelled me to write this chapter the way i did, it just happened. As for what i did to the twins, i just felt i was neglecting them. Please review and thanks for reading
Chapter 8 - Welcome To The Family by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
If anyone who's been reading this and wondering when the character death is, it's in this chapter.
Elrohir had fallen asleep next to his twin; it was the third night since Elladan had accumulated his latest injury. Legolas still slept peacefully yet Elrond was still awake. He still tried to figure out what was wrong with Legolas. At about midnight, the elf lord fell asleep ad fell into dreams of Legolas’ death. Elrond didn’t know how far away this event was.

* * *

Legolas suddenly stopped breathing and as he faded away, he became aware of someone standing in front of him.

“Legolas, come.” The figure said. Legolas recognized this voice; he felt he had heard it before.

“Namo?” Legolas asked.

“Yes Legolas of Mirkwood, it is I. Come and I will take you away.” Namo replied.

Legolas looked back. He could see a dark room with a bed, a male elf and his body. He recognized the elf, it was Elrond!

“I’m sorry Namo, I cannot leave Arda. I still have things to do.” Legolas said.

“You do realize that by choosing to continue with your life your suffering will be prolonged. Are you sure you wish for a life filled with pain and suffering until the day you leave Arda?” Namo asked.

“You exaggerate. I will be fine. Let me go home Namo, I beg of you.” Legolas pleaded.

“Fine but let me warn you, death for you is inevitable whether you like it or not. I shall spare you now but in the future I doubt I will be so kind.” Namo replied as Legolas faded back to life.

Legolas’ eyes fluttered open and he looked around to see he was back in Imladris. He turned to his left to see Elrond sitting in a chair, fast asleep. Legolas reached out and shook Elrond’s arm to wake him up. This action caused Legolas great pain but he cared not.

“Legolas, is everything alright?” Elrond asked as he rubbed his eyes of his weariness.

“I’m fine. Met with Namo but that’s no big deal.” Legolas replied.

“You what?! You’re saying that you just died on me?!” Elrond asked angrily.

“Aye. Elrond, do not worry. I am fine. Namo said that I would be in more pain now but I do not care. I just wish to live, nothing more.” Legolas replied softly.

“You are brave Legolas of Mirkwood. Can I check your side before one of us falls asleep?” Elrond asked.

“Aye, you can.” Legolas replied.

Elrond pulled back the covers and lifted Legolas’ shirt. The wound was no longer the black colour it had been three days ago but it still looked painful and like it was still mending. Elrond gently ran a finger down the side of it and jerked away as Legolas tensed.

“Sorry.” Elrond apologized.

“Don’t worry about it.” Legolas replied.

Elrond ran his finger along the wound again, putting more pressure on it this time causing Legolas to cry out in agony.

“I can see what Namo meant when he said it would be more painful now.” Legolas exclaimed as he recovered from the sudden burst of pain.

Elrond covered the wound again and stepped back. “Do you mind if I go and sleep in my own bed tonight Legolas? Elrohir is here, he’s sitting with Elladan.” Elrond asked.

“Why is Elladan here? What happened to him?” Legolas asked hastily.

Elrond groaned and sat back down. “Three days ago after I gave you the antidote, I wandered down to the gardens be the river. Elrohir cam and said Elladan had hurt himself. It turned out Elladan had split his head open so he’s been sleeping for a couple of days. He’s alright now, it still hurts him a little but he will be fine.” Elrond explained.

“So that’s injury number what? Four thousand and eighty - nine?” Legolas joked.

“Actually, it is injury number four thousand, six hundred and seventy – two.” Elrond replied with a grin upon his face.

Elrohir woke with a start at the sound of Legolas’ voice and looked over towards his father and smiled before he stood and staggered over to Legolas’ bedside.

“How are you?” Elrohir asked with a yawn. “And why did you have to wake up so early in the morning?”

“I’m fine and it’s only a few hours before dawn Mr. I-need-sleep-twenty-four-hours-a-day.” Legolas replied.

“Elrohir, you’ve been sleeping for hours, I’m going to bed. You can watch over one elf who hasn’t woken in three days and one who is still asleep. Goodnight ionnath.” Elrond said before he left the Houses of Healing for his bed. Hopefully he would finally have a good night’s sleep for a couple of hours.

After Elrond left, Legolas and Elrohir exchanged glances before they burst out laughing.

“I said he was my father in my thoughts and this is how he repays me.” Legolas exclaimed.

“Welcome to the family gwador.”
End Notes:
Well, there's another chapter. the next chapter will be up in about a day or two, i need to figure out whether i'm going to base the next chapter on Thranduil's arrival or Legolas finally being able to get out of bed. Thanks for reading and please review
Chapter 9 - Clarifications by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Thranduil and Elrond figure out what exactly may have happened to Legolas before he arrived in Imladris two years ago
Later that day, Thranduil arrived in Imladris with Glorfindel. Immediately the pair went in search of Elrond but were unsuccessful in their search. After asking Erestor and Lindir where the elf lord was, they turned to the twins and Legolas.

They entered the Houses of Healing and rushed towards Legolas’ bedside. Legolas slept peacefully whilst Elrohir was reading a book. At the approach of Glorfindel and Thranduil he rose from his chair and faced them.

“Elrohir, where is your father?” Glorfindel asked hastily.

“I believe he’s in his room. He woke up early this morning and asked me if I could watch over Legolas so he could get some sleep.” Elrohir replied.

“He’s sleeping. What my I ask is he sleeping for?” Thranduil asked hastily.

“Maybe it’s because he’s been spending a majority of his time with your damn son! Why would you do that to him Thranduil?! Why?!” Glorfindel asked exasperated and angry.

“Do what? What have I done?” Thranduil asked innocently.

Before Glorfindel could retaliate, Elrond appeared and stopped the argument knowing that soon they would be at blows with each other.

“That is precisely why I asked you come. Glorfindel, you can go and tend to Asfaloth now. Thranduil we need to talk about some things. Elrohir, you can go and sit with Elladan if you wish, I would just prefer if we could talk about this with no one that isn’t involved. Is that alright?” Elrond asked. Elrohir nodded and returned to his twin’s bedside.

“What is going on Elrond?” Thranduil asked confusedly.

“When Legolas and I returned to Imladris, some questions sprouted in my mind. Legolas answered them for me but I wanted to know if you knew anything about it also to conclude my hypothesis. The first question I have is this: what do you know about the scars on Legolas’ back?” Elrond asked.

“Very little. When he was brought back to Lasgalen, a couple of the healers bathed him and found the scars but they were still bleeding but there was very little they could do apparently. They said the wounds weren’t infected and that they had bandaged them but nothing else. They didn’t say anything about what had caused them though.” Thranduil explained.

“Legolas told me he had been captured by orcs and tortured. What do you know about that?” Elrond continued.

“I know nothing of this but I have had a feeling that something like that had happened at some stage.” Thranduil replied.

“What caused you to feel that way may I ask?” Elrond requested.

“One night when I went to check on Nuinlanthir, I overheard two of the healers talking about something like that. That was before he had left two years ago, before all of this drama. Does that help your hypothesis?” Thranduil asked.

“Yes and no. It answers one question and then raises another. Why would the healers be planning to torture your son and their prince? It is all very confusing. What were the healers’ names may I ask?” Elrond requested.

“One was Ainu and the other was Tavári. I never would guess though that elves with the names for ‘angel’ and ‘wood spirit’ would be in league with something so foul. Never in an age would I have guessed that.” Thranduil replied incredulously.

“We need to figure out one more thing, did you or any of the healers know that Legolas had been poisoned?” Elrond asked.

“When exactly would he have been poisoned?” Thranduil asked.

“On his return to Lasgalen after the arrow pierced his side.” Elrond replied.

“No, none of us knew that. I suspect that Ainu and Tavári did but I doubt they bothered to tell anyone other than those who control them. When I return to Lasgalen, what do wish me to do with them?” Thranduil asked.

“I suggest that before you punish them, you ask them about this. There is no point in punishing them if they didn’t do it of their own free will. If they were indeed controlled, find the one who controlled them and punish them. Another thing I wanted to ask you about Thranduil was whether you could Legolas’ forgiveness for everything.” Elrond requested.

“What do you mean?” Thranduil asked with a puzzled expression clearly marked upon his face.

“Will you ask Legolas’ forgiveness? You know what I speak of Thranduil and it is time you put a stop to it before you lose him. He has already come close to departing. You need to ask him forgiveness for everything you have done. Ever since you wife died, you have blamed him for it. He needs to know that you love him and that you are truly sorry. That is all you can do but you need to ask him nonetheless.” Elrond explained.

“I shall ask him as soon as he wakes.” Thranduil replied before laying a gentle kiss upon his son’s forehead.

“I was actually thinking that in a couple of days we could try and get him out of bed and down to the gardens for a while. Why don’t you ask him then?” Elrond suggested.

“That’s probably the best suggestion you’ve had all day my friend. Thank you Elrond.” Thranduil said.

“For what?” Elrond asked.

“For being like a father to Legolas when my mind was clouded by sorrow and grief as I lamented for Arinyaúrin. Hannon le Elrond, hannon le.” Thranduil replied.

“Why don’t we leave Legolas to sleep in peace. Shall we adjourn to the gardens?” Elrond asked. Thranduil nodded as he stood.

Before they left, he took one last look at his son and smiled.

*Hannon le Vaire* Thranduil thought as he smiled at his son. *My family will be whole once again*

Thranduil and Elrond then wandered down to the gardens where they enjoyed the sunshine, something Thranduil hadn’t done in many years.
End Notes:
This isn't the last chapter. there's probably another two or maybe three after this so keep a look out. Please review and thanks for reading
Chapter 10 - New Beginnings by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Legolas is almost fully healed and talks with his father. Visitors arrive in Imladris
As time passed, Legolas healed and grew more eager to get out of bed.

On the third day since Thranduil’s arrival, Elrond and Elrohir readied Legolas to go down to the gardens.

“Now, Legolas, while you walk you can put as much weight on either me or Elrohir as you need to alright.” Elrond said as he and his son helped the elf prince to stand up.

“Alright.” Legolas replied as he placed his arm around Elrond’s shoulders.

With a rather large amount of difficulty, the trio managed to get down to the gardens where they met Thranduil, Glorfindel, Erestor, Lindir, Elladan and Arwen.

“How are we this fine day?” Lindir asked.

“Alright. I’d almost forgotten what the sun was like.” Legolas said as he looked up into the sky.

“Legolas, can I ask you something?” Thranduil asked. Elrond then quickly ushered the others away without explanation.

“Of course you can ask me something Ada.” Legolas replied.

“Can you forgive me? Can you forgive me for everything I’ve done to you since your mother died?” Thranduil asked.

Legolas paused for a moment. “Yes I can forgive you Ada and I accept your apology. How could I not forgive my Ada, the one who sat by me when I was bitten by the spider when I was an elfling?” Legolas asked.

“I’m glad you’re alright ion nîn.” Thranduil said as he wrapped his arms around his son’s shoulders. It was a happy day for the family, one that would be remembered for a long time.

* * *

“Tavári, where are we?” Ainu asked.

“We’re just outside the borders of Imladris. Keep quiet and remember, you are Aleena and I am Melodi whilst we are in Imladris.” Tavári replied.

The pair then came across an elf with long golden hair who looked rather confused.

“Mae govannen. I am Melodi and this is my sister Aleena. We come from Lorien and are wishing to stay in Imladris for a few days before we return home. Are we welcome?” Tavári asked worriedly.

“Yes but before you can definitely stay you must meet with Lord Elrond so he knows you are here. I shall escort you. I am Lord Glorfindel by the way.” Glorfindel replied.

The group then headed back towards Imladris. Tavári and Ainu’s plan had been started but by someone who had no idea what he was doing.
End Notes:
OK, this story is going to be even longer than i expected but it is still going to be very Legolas based. I'm going to back off Elrond now, his fifteen minutes of fame are over. i hope you liked this chapter and thanks for reading. Please review
Chapter 11 - I Know of Your Orders by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Elrond talks with Tavari and Ainu.
Elrond and the others had begun to talk about planting a garden bed outside the Hall of Fire as Glorfindel and the new visitors approached.

“Lord Elrond, visitors.” Lindir pointed out as he saw Glorfindel heading towards them.

Elrond stood as Glorfindel drew nearer and smiled. “What is it Glorfindel?” Elrond asked cheerfully.

“Visitors, they wish to stay in the valley.” Glorfindel explained.

Elrond turned to the elves standing beside Glorfindel.

“State your names and business in Imladris please.” Elrond asked.

“I am Melodi and this is my sister Aleena. We are from Lothlorien but have recently been in Eriador. We merely wish to stay in Imladris for a few days before we return home.” Tavári explained.

“Very well. Erestor, would you be as kind as to show these two girls to their quarters.” Elrond requested.

“Certainly milord.” Erestor said as he rose from his chair and headed back towards the house with their new visitors following close behind.

“Elrond, you have made a terrible mistake. That was Tavári and Ainu! They are probably here to fulfill their master’s wishes and have Legolas killed! You shouldn’t let them stay here!” Thranduil said exasperatedly.

“Do not worry. I will ask them if they know anything about what has happened later tonight.” Elrond explained.

“And how exactly do you propose to do that?” Thranduil asked. “They will not openly tell the truth!”

“Trust me. I have a way to loosen their tongues.” Elrond replied as he looked up at the sky.

* * *

As everyone talked at the table, Elrond slipped away in search of Tavári and Ainu. They were in their room talking about something. Before Elrond knocked on the door, he listened for a moment.

“Tavári, I don’t think we should do this. Just because Dúrmin told us to doesn’t mean that we should. Why must we torment Prince Legolas and King Thranduil any more than what we already have?” Ainu asked.

“You are a fool Ainu! We must do this or our lives will be forfeit. I don’t plan to die Ainu!” Tavári replied angrily.

“You can do it then! I’m sick of harming him.” Ainu replied.

Elrond then knocked on the door. He could hear the pair hurriedly moving things inside the room before Ainu answered the door.

“Oh, good evening Lord Elrond. What do you wish of us?” Ainu asked politely.

“I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. Is that alright?” Elrond asked.

“Yes, that’s fine. Come in.” Ainu replied as she stepped aside to let the elf lord into the room. Ainu shut the door and hurriedly crossed the room sat in a chair by the fire.

“I just wanted to ask you two some questions about an incident that involved Legolas two years ago. Before he arrived in Imladris, he was apparently tortured by orcs. What do you know of this?” Elrond asked with a glint in his eye that showed one thing, he knew what was going to be said.

“Why ask us? We honestly have no idea what you are talking about milord.” Ainu replied.

“I know who you are so there is no point in trying to hide it Ainu and Tavári of Mirkwood. What roll did you play in this scheme?” Elrond asked.

“Just so you know, we didn’t do this because we wanted to. We were forced to do this. If we didn’t our lives would have been forfeit and there is still a risk of that. An elf who lives in the depths of Mirkwood asked us to. His name is Dúrmin. The reason we are here now is to fulfill another of his devious schemes.” Tavári explained.

“What has he asked you to do?” Elrond asked.

“We cannot tell you that. He put us under a spell that means we can only talk about it with another, no one else.” Tavári explained.

“What would happen if you were to tell me?” Elrond asked.

“I believe we would die right in front of you.” Ainu replied. Tavári nodded silently.

“Tell me this then, if you complete the set task, will anyone be able to save him?” Elrond asked.

“No. We are to poison him. The poison acts extremely fast meaning the victim only has about three hours to live. We aren’t to poison him until the last day we are here though so there is still time.” Ainu explained. When she stopped talking, she suddenly ceased to breathe and went pale and limp.

“She’s dead.” Tavári exclaimed in utter disbelief.

“I’m sorry Tavári.” Elrond apologized.

“Do not worry. Dúrmin said that one of us would die if we were to carry out this scheme.” Tavári replied as a tear crept down her cheek.

“I will leave you. When do you plan to leave?” Elrond asked as he stood.

“In three days time at sunset.” Tavári replied.

Elrond nodded before he turned and left.

*When will it end?* Elrond wondered as he returned to the Hall of Fire where Lindir could be heard singing.
End Notes:
OK, this story is going to be longer than i expected but the rest of it will be less relevent to the title so i will probably change it. if you have any suggestions, please let me know and i'll think about it. if you suggest a title i promise that if i pick yours i'll let you know immediately. Please review and thanks for reading
Chapter 12 - Departures and Poisons by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
On the third day since Tavari's arrival she fulfills her master's plan and leaves imladris but is she now a murderer?
Two days passed and finally Legolas could walk with very little assistance. Thranduil and Legolas were now planning to leave the next day.

Elrond had spent most of the last two days with his own children. He, Elladan, Elrohir and Arwen had messed about in the gardens, played silly elfling games and even gone swimming. Well, Arwen didn’t but she got wet all the same. Elladan and Elrohir had dragged her into the river.

The two days Elrond had spent with his children reminded him of some activities he used to do with Elros.

On the third day, Legolas and Thranduil began to ready themselves for the journey home.

Elrond still was very optimistic that Tavári would take Ainu’s advice and refuse to poison Legolas but there was still a great possibility the elf would just poison her prince.

* * *

Tavári knocked on the door to Legolas’ quarters.

“Ah, Melodi. I’m so sorry about what happened to Aleena. What is it that you wish of me?” Legolas asked politely.

“I was just wondering if you would like a drink.” Tavári replied.

“I don’t see why not.” Legolas said as he approached Tavári.

A tear crept down Tavári’s face as she handed Legolas a cup filled with water she had spiked with the poison Dúrmin had given her.

After Legolas had taken the cup into his hands, Tavári ran off.

“Melodi?!” Legolas called. When he received no reply he shrugged and began to drink. After draining the liquid from the cup, Legolas winced as his back began to hurt.

“I’ve been moving too much.” Legolas whispered to himself but then the pain in his back intensified and he fell to the floor.

* * *

Thranduil and Elrond suddenly looked towards each other before standing and running up to Legolas’ quarters.

The door flew open to reveal Legolas sprawled on the floor, his breathing ragged. Elrond hastily rolled the elf prince onto his back and Legolas let out a cry of agony.

“Can you help me get him onto the bed?” Elrond asked Thranduil frantically. Thranduil nodded as he and Elrond lifted Legolas onto the bed.

“What do you suppose happened?” Thranduil asked as he stroked his son’s hair.

“Tavári must have poisoned him early.” Elrond whispered.

“What?!” Thranduil shouted incredulously. “What has been going on the past three days may I ask?”

“The other night when I left at dinner, I came to talk with Tavári and Ainu. Ainu told me their plan, that’s how she died. Tavári probably just poisoned him and left him here. She won’t get away for Glorfindel is ready to go after her if she tries to get across my borders.” Elrond explained.

“What did she poison him with?” Thranduil asked worriedly.

“I don’t know but Legolas has three hours to live so I need to find out.” Elrond replied. “I’ll go to the library and see what I can find.”

“You don’t have time to search through a myriad of books! You have three hours Elrond! What can you do to help Legolas in three hours?!” Thranduil asked exasperatedly.

“Stay here and I’ll see if I’ve got anything in my store cupboard that might be able to help Legolas. If we can postpone the poison from killing him we might have a chance at actually curing him.” Elrond explained before he ran off.

*Please don’t die Legolas* Elrond pleaded in silence.
End Notes:
There's chapter 12, it's a bit of a cliffie but i didn't feel like elongating it. I'm probably going to write two more chapters and that will be the end of it but i'm not sure yet. I hope you liked this and if you've got any comments feel free to review. Thanks for reading
Chapter 13 - Why Do You Stay With Him? by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
The day after Legolas was poisoned, Elrond has a chat with Glorfindel by Legolas' bedside.
Elrond had given Legolas almost everything that he thought would help but he hadn’t noticed any improvement.

The morning after Legolas had been poisoned; Elrond was surprised to find that Legolas was still alive.

*Something I gave him must have helped him last the night or else he would not still be here* Elrond thought as he checked Legolas’ temperature. The elf still had a fever but Elrond could amend that with ease, he was just thankful Legolas had lasted.

Elrond sat down in the chair next to Legolas’ bed and began to watch the elf sleep. Elrond felt so lucky and so thankful that Legolas still breathed for when he had given Legolas the healing herbs the previous night he had been expecting to walk in the next morning and find a dead elf in Legolas’ place.

Glorfindel had noticed Elrond sitting with Legolas and smiled. He entered the room and approached the elf lord. When Glorfindel stood directly next to Elrond, he placed a hand on Elrond’s shoulder.

Elrond turned to see Glorfindel standing beside him smiling.

“What are you so happy about?” Elrond asked curiously.

“I told you when he was brought back here that someone was watching over him and that person hasn’t changed. May I ask why it is that no matter whether Thranduil loves his son or whatever the circumstances may be, why is it you still choose to stay with Legolas?” Glorfindel asked in reply.

“Ten ni melme Legolas ve ni melme nîn hera yondor.” Elrond replied speaking in a mix of both Quenya and Sindarin which confused Glorfindel greatly but it didn’t matter.

“Is he going to be alright?” Glorfindel asked, changing the subject.

“He should be. If he lasted the night I think he’ll be alright.” Elrond said before he began to smile broadly.
End Notes:
Elvish:
Ten ni melme Legolas ve ni melme nîn hera yondor - Because I love Legolas as i love my own sons.

That sentence in elvish is rather confusing because it's in both Quenya and Sindarin as stated above but meh, at least i could make a full sentence.

I've still got two more chapters after this which will finally be happy after all the angst and drama and sadness throughout the rest of this story and the first one. Thanks for reading and i hope you've enjoyed it.
Chapter 14 - Awakening by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Legolas wakes up to practically a party.
Legolas’ eyes fluttered open and he could hear hushed voices murmuring all around him. He looked to his left to see Arwen, Elladan, Elrohir and his father sitting in chairs next to his bed. They smiled broadly as Legolas gazed at them.

Legolas then turned to his right to see Elrond, Erestor, Glorfindel and Estel sitting next to him.

“How are you feeling?” Arwen asked softly as she stroked Legolas’ hand.

“Alright, I feel like I was kicked in the back of the head by a horse but apart from that I feel fine. How are you all?” Legolas asked as he sat up.

“We’re all good apart from the fact that we’ve been worrying over you for the past three years now!” Elladan and Elrohir replied in perfect unison.

Arwen shuddered slightly when her brothers finished talking; it had always scared her the way that Elladan and Elrohir could talk in perfect unison. Legolas placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled. Elladan and Elrohir could be heard sniggering as they departed the room, Glorfindel and Estel following close behind.

“Where are they going?” Legolas asked.

“They’re going on patrol. I’ve been waiting for them to leave for so long! Estel’s going north again though. He promised he’d come back in a few months. Maybe now that those three are gone I can finally get some cleaning done around here!” Erestor exclaimed before he wandered off as well.

“When Elladan and Elrohir said they’ve been worrying over me for three years, didn’t they mean two years?” Legolas asked confusedly.

“No, they realized last night that it had been three years since the incident with the arrow in your side about a week ago actually. I guess I was still a little worried about you that I forgot to mention it.” Elrond explained.

“So what happens now?” Legolas asked as he leaned back against the headboard of the bed.

“We aren’t going to leave for another couple of days until your brothers and sister arrive to escort us back home and for something else. We’ll probably leave in about a fortnight after Elladan and Elrohir return.” Thranduil replied.

Legolas looked at his father quizzically before turning to Arwen and Elrond who gave him sly grins.

“What are you planning to do to me?” Legolas asked cautiously.

“Nothing you won’t regret ion nîn, nothing you won’t regret.” Thranduil replied, still grinning slyly.
End Notes:
Now, the next chapter is indefinitely the last one. To be honest, i'm getting sick of this story. I hope you've enjoyed reading it so far and if you have any comments or any questions, please review and i shall respond as soon as i can after i read it. Thanks for reading
Epilogue - Whole At Last by Lira_of_Imladris
Author's Notes:
Legolas' final surprise before he leaves Imladris.
Just as his father had promised, two weeks later Legolas was ready to leave and awaited his father’s arrival in the Hall of Fire. He was already kept company by Lord Elrond, Arwen, Lindir and Erestor. Sadly, the twins and Glorfindel hadn’t returned on time, injury was most likely the cause of their lateness.

Around midday, Legolas was surprised to see Aragorn walk through the doors to the Hall. Aragorn wandered over to Legolas and sat down in the chair on Legolas’ left side.

“Why are you here? Elrond said you wouldn’t be back for a few months, not a couple of weeks!” Legolas exclaimed.

“Ada merely said what I asked him to say.” Aragorn replied mysteriously.

“Have you seen the twins and Glorfindel yet?” Legolas asked.

“I believe they are in the Houses of Healing. I met up with them on the way back to Imladris. As usual Elladan and Elrohir have scored more injuries and Glorfindel believes them a pain in the neck because of it. I came back with them, to help Glorfindel and we arrived about three hours ago. I suppose the healers are just trying to get the twins to sit still for the first time in their lives.” Aragorn replied.

“Like you can say much, I can remember quite clearly a fifteen year old mortal boy who wouldn’t stop squirming whilst his Ada tried to clean a cut on his arm after he’d fallen into the river.” Legolas retorted cheekily.

This made Aragorn shudder.

“By the Valar that river is freezing. Why is it that whenever I make a point, you always retort with some remark about my childhood?” Aragorn asked.

“It is what I do.” Legolas replied. As the friends begun to chuckle, Glorfindel came in and sat to Aragorn’s left.

“How are the twins?” Legolas asked.

“They’re alright. They’ll be here soon; they’ve just gone to change into some clean clothes, not that the stench of them will be gone!” Glorfindel replied.

“Did anything interesting happen other than Elladan and Elrohir attempting suicide again?” Legolas asked.

“Not really, we found a family of rabbits. That was it really. Out of al of the patrols I’ve been on with Elladan and Elrohir, that was probably the most uneventful.” Glorfindel replied.

Elladan and Elrohir then came and stood behind Legolas’ chair.

“And how are the wounded wanderers feeling?” Elrond asked as he approached.

“I’m alright; I think Elrohir’s head still hurts though.” Elladan replied.

“What did you do this time?” Elrond asked worriedly.

“You know, from when he fell out of that tree when he was an elfling and he split his head open and his lost his brain to a family of pigeons.” Elladan replied. Elrohir elbowed his brother in the side causing him to yelp.

“That’s what you get big brother for teasing.” Elrohir replied. Elladan mumbled something before both of them went to talk with Arwen.

“Lord Elrond, where is my father?” Legolas asked.

“I’m right here. I’ve been sitting here all morning ion nîn.” Thranduil replied from across the table.

“Good morning.” Legolas said awkwardly. Everyone then came and sat around the table and looked towards Elrond who stood at the head of the table.

“Friends and family, we are gathered here today”

“Ada, can we skip all the boring stuff and get to the good bits?” Elladan asked from the opposite end of the table. Once again Elrohir elbowed him and Elladan yelped.

“Fine, I know you’ll whine about it otherwise. We are here to welcome a new addition to my family and the family of Imladris.” Elrond said before he turned to look at Legolas.

“What?” Legolas asked confusedly.

“Welcome to the family Legolas.” Elrond replied.

“You are now Elladan, Elrohir, Aragorn and Arwen’s sworn brother. You are welcome here any time Legolas.” Erestor explained.

“Are you sure?” Legolas asked. Elrond nodded.

Legolas was home when he wasn’t now. He could now feel complete in both Mirkwood and Imladris, the two places where his sworn father had cared for him more than anyone whilst he had slept. Legolas was whole, he had his whole family with him and that was more than anything he could ask for.
End Notes:
Well, that's that then. I hope you've enjoyed reading this and thanks to evryone that reviewed. I'm still thinking of a new name for this story and if you have any suggestions for the title or you just have a comment about the story, please review and tell me. Thanks for reading and i hope you've enjoyed it.
This story archived at http://www.naiceanilme.net/viewstory.php?sid=1203