[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Story Notes:
Estel is now aware of his heritage and travels with the rangers. Elrond hasn't been back to Imaldris for about six months and Elladan and elrohir grow bored without their father, little brother or best friend. Very Elrond based which is unusual for me.


Chapter Notes:
Elrond is in Lasgalen with Thranduil and his family and has a serious talk with the elvenking about Legolas. Elrond sorely misses his own sons.

Elrond watched as Thranduil and his children wept over the eldest prince’s slumbering figure. All of Legolas’ siblings were there, Narulas, Nuinlanthir who were Legolas’ older brothers and Aelield, their younger sister.

“How did this happen Ada?” Aelield asked as her father wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

“He was injured when he and my three sons were in the Trollshaws. He was hit in his left side by an arrow I believe was poisoned.” Elrond explained from the doorway where he stood watching the family.

“If he was merely poisoned, why does he still sleep? It has been two years since he was injured Elrond and I would like some answers! What happened to my eldest son?” Thranduil asked agitatedly.

“I understand that you request your family knows how exactly Legolas was injured but I would prefer to inform you of the events that led to this in private.” Elrond requested. Thranduil scowled at the elf lord before leading Elrond to a small room just up the hall from Legolas’ room.

Thranduil shut the door and turned to Elrond.

“Now tell me what happened.” Thranduil instructed.

“About a week before he was injured, Legolas found that he was marked with the death brands Thranduil and you know as well as I or any healer what that means. When he and my sons left for the Trollshaws, I sent Lord Glorfindel to watch over him but I still couldn’t prevent what happened and I apologize for that.

“Elladan was also injured in the attack but when Legolas was returned to Imladris I sat with Legolas not Elladan. It wasn’t because I feared what might happen to me if he died but because he needed someone to look after him! I know you care for your son Thranduil but every time he is in Imladris by himself, he is always much more relaxed and I didn’t understand why until I brought him back here!

“He fears you Thranduil because in your heart of hearts you blame him for the death of your wife and you need to stop it! You need to see that your son needs you now more than ever! I know why he doesn’t wake and so do you! One reason is because the brands are now healing but the other reason you can figure out for yourself because I don’t plan to tell you!” Elrond yelled before storming off to his quarters.

*          *          *

Someone knocked on the door but Elrond ignored them. He didn’t want to talk to anyone and that scared him. He felt that he needed his father or his brother and no one else.

The door opened and a messenger came in with a letter from Imladris addressed to Elrond. After the messenger had left, Elrond stood and retrieved the letter from a table near the door.

“What have Elladan and Elrohir destroyed now?” Elrond mused aloud as he unfolded the parchment.

“Dear Ada,

“We are pleased to inform you that we haven’t broken anything around the house. We just thought you might want to hear how we’re doing. Estel, well Aragorn now is fine and he said he might try and get to Lasgalen to visit you. We wish you were here for we miss our Ada but we don’t miss any of your nasty concoctions. I don’t anyway, Elrohir almost ripped off his arm at the shoulder the other day after falling out of a tree.

“Apart from that mishap we haven’t attempted to get ourselves killed yet, mainly because Erestor and Glorfindel won’t let us go anywhere outside the borders. I think they miss you as well. Arwen is alright, she returned from Lorien about a week ago and she misses you with all her heart and sends her love to you and Legolas.

“Hope he’s healing quickly and that you’ll return to us soon – Elladan.” Elrond read aloud to himself. “I love you too son.” Elrond said quietly before placing the letter on the bedside table and flopping onto his bed. Slowly, Elrond fell asleep but his dreams were still haunted as they had been for a long time now.

Elrond dreamt of his days when he and Elros used to mess about and he dreamt of lying under the stars watching Eärendil shine in the dark sky at night. He sorely missed his family and wished he had them now more than ever.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked this and thanks for reading, please review if you have any comments at all