[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
Elrond talks with Tavari and Ainu.

Elrond and the others had begun to talk about planting a garden bed outside the Hall of Fire as Glorfindel and the new visitors approached.

“Lord Elrond, visitors.” Lindir pointed out as he saw Glorfindel heading towards them.

Elrond stood as Glorfindel drew nearer and smiled. “What is it Glorfindel?” Elrond asked cheerfully.

“Visitors, they wish to stay in the valley.” Glorfindel explained.

Elrond turned to the elves standing beside Glorfindel.

“State your names and business in Imladris please.” Elrond asked.

“I am Melodi and this is my sister Aleena. We are from Lothlorien but have recently been in Eriador. We merely wish to stay in Imladris for a few days before we return home.” Tavári explained.

“Very well. Erestor, would you be as kind as to show these two girls to their quarters.” Elrond requested.

“Certainly milord.” Erestor said as he rose from his chair and headed back towards the house with their new visitors following close behind.

“Elrond, you have made a terrible mistake. That was Tavári and Ainu! They are probably here to fulfill their master’s wishes and have Legolas killed! You shouldn’t let them stay here!” Thranduil said exasperatedly.

“Do not worry. I will ask them if they know anything about what has happened later tonight.” Elrond explained.

“And how exactly do you propose to do that?” Thranduil asked. “They will not openly tell the truth!”

“Trust me. I have a way to loosen their tongues.” Elrond replied as he looked up at the sky.

* * *

As everyone talked at the table, Elrond slipped away in search of Tavári and Ainu. They were in their room talking about something. Before Elrond knocked on the door, he listened for a moment.

“Tavári, I don’t think we should do this. Just because Dúrmin told us to doesn’t mean that we should. Why must we torment Prince Legolas and King Thranduil any more than what we already have?” Ainu asked.

“You are a fool Ainu! We must do this or our lives will be forfeit. I don’t plan to die Ainu!” Tavári replied angrily.

“You can do it then! I’m sick of harming him.” Ainu replied.

Elrond then knocked on the door. He could hear the pair hurriedly moving things inside the room before Ainu answered the door.

“Oh, good evening Lord Elrond. What do you wish of us?” Ainu asked politely.

“I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. Is that alright?” Elrond asked.

“Yes, that’s fine. Come in.” Ainu replied as she stepped aside to let the elf lord into the room. Ainu shut the door and hurriedly crossed the room sat in a chair by the fire.

“I just wanted to ask you two some questions about an incident that involved Legolas two years ago. Before he arrived in Imladris, he was apparently tortured by orcs. What do you know of this?” Elrond asked with a glint in his eye that showed one thing, he knew what was going to be said.

“Why ask us? We honestly have no idea what you are talking about milord.” Ainu replied.

“I know who you are so there is no point in trying to hide it Ainu and Tavári of Mirkwood. What roll did you play in this scheme?” Elrond asked.

“Just so you know, we didn’t do this because we wanted to. We were forced to do this. If we didn’t our lives would have been forfeit and there is still a risk of that. An elf who lives in the depths of Mirkwood asked us to. His name is Dúrmin. The reason we are here now is to fulfill another of his devious schemes.” Tavári explained.

“What has he asked you to do?” Elrond asked.

“We cannot tell you that. He put us under a spell that means we can only talk about it with another, no one else.” Tavári explained.

“What would happen if you were to tell me?” Elrond asked.

“I believe we would die right in front of you.” Ainu replied. Tavári nodded silently.

“Tell me this then, if you complete the set task, will anyone be able to save him?” Elrond asked.

“No. We are to poison him. The poison acts extremely fast meaning the victim only has about three hours to live. We aren’t to poison him until the last day we are here though so there is still time.” Ainu explained. When she stopped talking, she suddenly ceased to breathe and went pale and limp.

“She’s dead.” Tavári exclaimed in utter disbelief.

“I’m sorry Tavári.” Elrond apologized.

“Do not worry. Dúrmin said that one of us would die if we were to carry out this scheme.” Tavári replied as a tear crept down her cheek.

“I will leave you. When do you plan to leave?” Elrond asked as he stood.

“In three days time at sunset.” Tavári replied.

Elrond nodded before he turned and left.

*When will it end?* Elrond wondered as he returned to the Hall of Fire where Lindir could be heard singing.


Chapter End Notes:
OK, this story is going to be longer than i expected but the rest of it will be less relevent to the title so i will probably change it. if you have any suggestions, please let me know and i'll think about it. if you suggest a title i promise that if i pick yours i'll let you know immediately. Please review and thanks for reading