[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
On the third day since Tavari's arrival she fulfills her master's plan and leaves imladris but is she now a murderer?

Two days passed and finally Legolas could walk with very little assistance. Thranduil and Legolas were now planning to leave the next day.

Elrond had spent most of the last two days with his own children. He, Elladan, Elrohir and Arwen had messed about in the gardens, played silly elfling games and even gone swimming. Well, Arwen didn’t but she got wet all the same. Elladan and Elrohir had dragged her into the river.

The two days Elrond had spent with his children reminded him of some activities he used to do with Elros.

On the third day, Legolas and Thranduil began to ready themselves for the journey home.

Elrond still was very optimistic that Tavári would take Ainu’s advice and refuse to poison Legolas but there was still a great possibility the elf would just poison her prince.

* * *

Tavári knocked on the door to Legolas’ quarters.

“Ah, Melodi. I’m so sorry about what happened to Aleena. What is it that you wish of me?” Legolas asked politely.

“I was just wondering if you would like a drink.” Tavári replied.

“I don’t see why not.” Legolas said as he approached Tavári.

A tear crept down Tavári’s face as she handed Legolas a cup filled with water she had spiked with the poison Dúrmin had given her.

After Legolas had taken the cup into his hands, Tavári ran off.

“Melodi?!” Legolas called. When he received no reply he shrugged and began to drink. After draining the liquid from the cup, Legolas winced as his back began to hurt.

“I’ve been moving too much.” Legolas whispered to himself but then the pain in his back intensified and he fell to the floor.

* * *

Thranduil and Elrond suddenly looked towards each other before standing and running up to Legolas’ quarters.

The door flew open to reveal Legolas sprawled on the floor, his breathing ragged. Elrond hastily rolled the elf prince onto his back and Legolas let out a cry of agony.

“Can you help me get him onto the bed?” Elrond asked Thranduil frantically. Thranduil nodded as he and Elrond lifted Legolas onto the bed.

“What do you suppose happened?” Thranduil asked as he stroked his son’s hair.

“Tavári must have poisoned him early.” Elrond whispered.

“What?!” Thranduil shouted incredulously. “What has been going on the past three days may I ask?”

“The other night when I left at dinner, I came to talk with Tavári and Ainu. Ainu told me their plan, that’s how she died. Tavári probably just poisoned him and left him here. She won’t get away for Glorfindel is ready to go after her if she tries to get across my borders.” Elrond explained.

“What did she poison him with?” Thranduil asked worriedly.

“I don’t know but Legolas has three hours to live so I need to find out.” Elrond replied. “I’ll go to the library and see what I can find.”

“You don’t have time to search through a myriad of books! You have three hours Elrond! What can you do to help Legolas in three hours?!” Thranduil asked exasperatedly.

“Stay here and I’ll see if I’ve got anything in my store cupboard that might be able to help Legolas. If we can postpone the poison from killing him we might have a chance at actually curing him.” Elrond explained before he ran off.

*Please don’t die Legolas* Elrond pleaded in silence.


Chapter End Notes:
There's chapter 12, it's a bit of a cliffie but i didn't feel like elongating it. I'm probably going to write two more chapters and that will be the end of it but i'm not sure yet. I hope you liked this and if you've got any comments feel free to review. Thanks for reading