[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
Legolas' final surprise before he leaves Imladris.

Just as his father had promised, two weeks later Legolas was ready to leave and awaited his father’s arrival in the Hall of Fire. He was already kept company by Lord Elrond, Arwen, Lindir and Erestor. Sadly, the twins and Glorfindel hadn’t returned on time, injury was most likely the cause of their lateness.

Around midday, Legolas was surprised to see Aragorn walk through the doors to the Hall. Aragorn wandered over to Legolas and sat down in the chair on Legolas’ left side.

“Why are you here? Elrond said you wouldn’t be back for a few months, not a couple of weeks!” Legolas exclaimed.

“Ada merely said what I asked him to say.” Aragorn replied mysteriously.

“Have you seen the twins and Glorfindel yet?” Legolas asked.

“I believe they are in the Houses of Healing. I met up with them on the way back to Imladris. As usual Elladan and Elrohir have scored more injuries and Glorfindel believes them a pain in the neck because of it. I came back with them, to help Glorfindel and we arrived about three hours ago. I suppose the healers are just trying to get the twins to sit still for the first time in their lives.” Aragorn replied.

“Like you can say much, I can remember quite clearly a fifteen year old mortal boy who wouldn’t stop squirming whilst his Ada tried to clean a cut on his arm after he’d fallen into the river.” Legolas retorted cheekily.

This made Aragorn shudder.

“By the Valar that river is freezing. Why is it that whenever I make a point, you always retort with some remark about my childhood?” Aragorn asked.

“It is what I do.” Legolas replied. As the friends begun to chuckle, Glorfindel came in and sat to Aragorn’s left.

“How are the twins?” Legolas asked.

“They’re alright. They’ll be here soon; they’ve just gone to change into some clean clothes, not that the stench of them will be gone!” Glorfindel replied.

“Did anything interesting happen other than Elladan and Elrohir attempting suicide again?” Legolas asked.

“Not really, we found a family of rabbits. That was it really. Out of al of the patrols I’ve been on with Elladan and Elrohir, that was probably the most uneventful.” Glorfindel replied.

Elladan and Elrohir then came and stood behind Legolas’ chair.

“And how are the wounded wanderers feeling?” Elrond asked as he approached.

“I’m alright; I think Elrohir’s head still hurts though.” Elladan replied.

“What did you do this time?” Elrond asked worriedly.

“You know, from when he fell out of that tree when he was an elfling and he split his head open and his lost his brain to a family of pigeons.” Elladan replied. Elrohir elbowed his brother in the side causing him to yelp.

“That’s what you get big brother for teasing.” Elrohir replied. Elladan mumbled something before both of them went to talk with Arwen.

“Lord Elrond, where is my father?” Legolas asked.

“I’m right here. I’ve been sitting here all morning ion nīn.” Thranduil replied from across the table.

“Good morning.” Legolas said awkwardly. Everyone then came and sat around the table and looked towards Elrond who stood at the head of the table.

“Friends and family, we are gathered here today”

“Ada, can we skip all the boring stuff and get to the good bits?” Elladan asked from the opposite end of the table. Once again Elrohir elbowed him and Elladan yelped.

“Fine, I know you’ll whine about it otherwise. We are here to welcome a new addition to my family and the family of Imladris.” Elrond said before he turned to look at Legolas.

“What?” Legolas asked confusedly.

“Welcome to the family Legolas.” Elrond replied.

“You are now Elladan, Elrohir, Aragorn and Arwen’s sworn brother. You are welcome here any time Legolas.” Erestor explained.

“Are you sure?” Legolas asked. Elrond nodded.

Legolas was home when he wasn’t now. He could now feel complete in both Mirkwood and Imladris, the two places where his sworn father had cared for him more than anyone whilst he had slept. Legolas was whole, he had his whole family with him and that was more than anything he could ask for.


Chapter End Notes:
Well, that's that then. I hope you've enjoyed reading this and thanks to evryone that reviewed. I'm still thinking of a new name for this story and if you have any suggestions for the title or you just have a comment about the story, please review and tell me. Thanks for reading and i hope you've enjoyed it.