[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
It is the morning following Elrond's feud with Thranduil and his attention turns to Legolas.

The next morning, Elrond woke but was reluctant to get out of bed. He rolled onto his back and stared at the ceiling, wondering what Elladan and Elrohir were doing. They were probably thinking up a plan to annoy Erestor for the day and that particular thought made the elf lord smile.

 

“Why is Legolas afraid to wake and see his father? Of course I may be wrong but what else could it be?” Elrond wondered aloud before somebody knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.” Elrond called from his bed.

 

“Lord Elrond, Legolas just woke and he wishes to speak with you.” Narulas said.

 

Elrond jumped from his bed and hurriedly dressed before he ran to where Legolas lay. When he reached Legolas’ room, he stopped running and took a deep breath in.

 

“It wasn’t that urgent that you needed to run Lord Elrond.” Legolas said simply.

 

“What is it? Narulas came and said you wanted to speak with me.” Elrond explained.

 

“I wanted to ask you something. When you were an elflings, when you felt bad and you needed someone to talk to, who did you talk to?” Legolas asked at length.

 

“I would usually talk with Elros and then after he left for Numenor, I would often speak one of my close friends. Why do you wish to know Legolas?” Elrond asked.

 

“Because I feel horrible and I don’t want to talk to my family about it.” Legolas replied. “I want to talk to my father about it but I know he still holds blame against me for what happened to Naneth, I just wish he could look past the blame he holds against me and see that I need him.” Legolas continued.

 

“He knows that, I told him yesterday but I doubt he paid much attention to that lecture. Legolas, I think the reason your father holds blame against you for what happened to your mother because he still grieves for her. Why he blames you for it I have no idea but he still loves you. He just needs time to discover that.” Elrond explained.

 

“Hannon le Lord Elrond.” Legolas replied before he began to cough. Blood spurted out of the young elf’s mouth and onto the covers of his bed. When Legolas saw this he gasped.

 

“Your lung hasn’t healed itself yet.” Elrond breathed.

 

“What do you mean? Narulas said I’ve been sleeping for two whole years! How can it possibly not have healed by now?” Legolas exclaimed.

 

“I don’t know Legolas but I feel the events caused by the death brands aren’t over yet.” Elrond replied as he looked up at Legolas.

 

Legolas was worried; Elrond could see the fear flooding the elf’s eyes.

 

“Legolas, could I take a quick look at your left side where the arrow hit you.” Elrond asked.

 

Legolas nodded before he lifted up his shirt to reveal the stitched wound that were remnants of the injury Legolas had accumulated two years ago. The last time Elrond has seen it, it had been covered in blood but now it was a black colour.

 

“Just as I suspected. Poisoned.” Elrond explained as he looked back into Legolas’ eyes.

 

“With what?” Legolas asked.

 

“A formidable poison that keeps the victim asleep for a long period of time. As the victim prepares to wake, the wound turns black and becomes infected usually.” Elrond explained.

 

Legolas gasped. He didn’t want this to happen. He’d thought that being hit by an arrow was bad enough but he didn’t need or want this as well.

 

“What are you going to do?” Legolas asked worriedly.

 

“I’m not exactly sure Legolas. The best thing to do would be put you back to sleep and then tend to it here but I feel I cannot do it that way for I need you to be extremely relaxed, something you aren’t when you are here for some reason.” Elrond explained.

 

“What else could you do?” Legolas asked curiously.

 

“The other thing I could do is take you back to Imladris and heal it there but that will take more time and your father most likely wouldn’t approve.”

 

“Do  what you can for my son even if it means you have to take him back to Imladris to do so.” Someone said from the doorway. Elrond turned around to see Thranduil standing there with a sad expression upon his face.

 

“Do you mean that after what happened yesterday milord?” Elrond asked as he stood up to face Thranduil.

 

“I do. What you said yesterday is true and I will help amend my actions by letting you take Legolas back to Imladris if it means he has a better chance at surviving. I cannot bear to lose another member of my family.” Thranduil replied.

 

“We need to leave now. We’ll need one horse and water and provisions for a journey to Imladris. I’ll be able to prepare Legolas and myself relatively quickly, but the horse and supplies need to be ready by the time I go to the stables with Legolas.” Elrond instructed.

 

“I’ll see to it that it is done with all haste Lord Elrond.” Thranduil said before he left.

 

“How long will it take us to get to Imladris?” Legolas asked quietly.

 

“About three days.” Elrond answered. He looked at Legolas to see that the elf was slowly falling asleep. Don’t worry Legolas; you can sleep while I ride. I will not let you fall.” Elrond promised.

“Thank you.” Legolas said before he fell asleep. Elrond smiled gently before returning to his quarters to gather his belongings including the letter from Elladan.

 

Within half an hour, Elrond and Legolas had departed Lasgalen and they were on their way back to Imladris.

 *I’m coming my sons, I am coming* Elrond thought as he rode as fast as his horse was capable of.


Chapter End Notes:
Here's the second chapter and i hope you liked it. Please review