[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
Elrond returns with Legolas to Imladris and discovers more about Legolas' health.

Elladan and Elrohir sat under a tree in the gardens. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the sky was clear and the birds were singing. It had been about two weeks since Elladan had sent the letter to their father and he still hadn’t received a reply.

 

As the twins began to talk about things they used to do with Legolas and Estel, Glorfindel arrived with a smile upon his face.

 

“What are you so happy about?” Elrohir asked agitatedly.

 

“What’s gotten into you lately?” Glorfindel asked.

 

“His arm still hurts but that’ll teach him not to fall out of trees. What is happening that is making you so happy Glorfindel?” Elladan asked.

 

“Your father just returned but the conditions on which he returned are less merry.” Glorfindel explained.

 

“Why? What has happened? Is Legolas alright?” Elrohir asked hastily.

 

“I’m not exactly sure what is wrong with Legolas. Your father rode up and carried Legolas inside before I had a chance to talk to him.” Glorfindel replied.

 

“I guess he came back to answer your letter ‘Dan.” Elrohir suggested.

 

“No, something is wrong.” Elladan said as he stood and headed for the Houses of Healing where he found his father.

 

“Ada, what is going on?” Elladan asked quietly as he approached his father.

 

“Legolas has been poisoned for the past two years. He woke when we were still in Lasgalen and coughed up some blood. Where he was hit, the wound has turned black.” Elrond explained.

 

“If you found that he’d been poisoned when you were still in Lasgalen, why did you bring him back here?” Elladan asked quizzically.

 

“Elladan, can we talk about this later? Go and do something with Elrohir for a few hours. I’ll come and find you when I’m done here.” Elrond replied. Elladan stared at his father for a moment before he turned on his heel and returned to his room where he thought of reasons why his father would have brought Legolas back to Imladris to tend to him when he could have done it in Lasgalen. Elladan was extremely confused about this.

 

*          *          *

 

Legolas’ head was pounding; he slowly opened his eyes and blinked a few times to clear his mind of the fog and his vision of what seemed to be tears. His side pained him as if it had recently been cut open. He gingerly took in a deep breath and yelped as pressure was applied to his side.

 

“Relax Legolas.” Elrond cooed softly. “How are you feeling?”

 

“My side hurts.” Legolas breathed. “And my back also.”

 

“Your back? What happened to your back Legolas?” Elrond asked softly in an attempt to keep the Mirkwood prince relaxed.

 

“I don’t remember.” Legolas replied.

 

“Can I have a look at your back Legolas?” Elrond asked. Legolas nodded silently before Elrond helped him sit up.

 

Gently, Elrond lifted Legolas’ shirt to reveal a series of scars, some of which still bled slightly. Elrond covered Legolas’ back again before allowing the elf to fall back into his fatherly embrace.

 

“Why do you care for me so much Lord Elrond?” Legolas asked.

 “Because you need someone who cares for you right now Legolas.” Elrond whispered as Legolas fell asleep in his arms. *If only Thranduil would do the same* Elrond thought before he lowered Legolas down onto the bed and headed for the library. Elrond had some thinking to do.


Chapter End Notes:
Probably not the longest chapter i've ever written but meh. Hope you liked this and please review