[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
Elrond and Elrohir spend some time thinking about things

The next day, Elrond still remained in the library trying to figure out how Legolas had accumulated the scars on his back. Another thing Elrond had begun thinking about was how Legolas had been marked with the death brands in the first place.

 

*          *          *

 

Elrohir knocked on the door to the library only to be dragged away by Erestor.

 

“You can’t disturb your father; he’s trying to figure what happened to Legolas.” Erestor explained quietly yet urgently.

 

“What happened? Is Legolas alright?” Elrohir asked frantically.

 

“I don’t know! Your father knows the answer to that but he refuses to talk to anyone.” Erestor replied, still whispering.

 

“Then I shall ask him.” Elrohir said cheekily before turning and entering the library.

 

“Go away Elrohir. I need peace and serenity.” Elrond said without looking up to Elrohir.

 

“What are you trying to figure out Ada?” Elrohir asked. “What is wrong with Legolas?”

 

“Legolas has a series of scars on his back and I am trying desperately to figure out what caused them. I am also trying to figure out why he was marked with the death brands in the first place if you wish to know.” Elrond replied agitatedly.

 

“Do you want some help?” Elrohir asked. This made Elrond look up at his son who now stood next to him.

 

“If you have nothing else better to do.” Elrond answered.

 

“I’ll help you with the scar thing first. What did they look like? I mean, did they look as if they were from a battle or something else?” Elrohir asked hastily.

 

“They were not caused by the blade yet some sections of the scar were a darker colour than others. They looked as if. . .” Elrond trailed off. “Whipped. Legolas was tortured.” Elrond exclaimed.

 

“That would explain why they are only scars. They would have to be from before he was here two years ago but when? Why didn’t he ever tell us he’d been tortured?” Elrohir asked.

 

“Only he can answer that but we can ask him another time, he needs rest now. What about the death brands? What do we know about them?” Elrond asked.

 

“Well, we know that they foretell supposedly when you will die, how you will die and who will be with you when you die. We also know that they are marked on the person, they don’t just pop up like daisies after winter. But what do those two facts tell us?” Elrohir asked confusedly.

 

“Who do we know that holds a grudge against Legolas ion nîn?” Elrond asked sarcastically. Elrohir looked confusedly at his father before realization struck him.

 

“Thranduil either whipped Legolas or had someone do it for him. My guess would be that someone did it for him. Thranduil may despise his son but he still hasn’t the heart to harm Legolas on his own.” Elrond explained, narrowing their conclusion.

 

“But what about the death brands? Thranduil hasn’t the mind or the skill to do that either?” Elrohir queried.

 

“Someone else would’ve done that as well. Thranduil thinks he has all the evidence hidden but he knows as well as we do that he hates his son enough to want him killed but I never thought it was this bad. I feel I have actually done Legolas a favour by bringing him back here.” Elrond replied. Elrond then made a realization of his own.

 

“The night before Legolas and I left, I had an argument with Thranduil. I told him there were two reasons why Legolas didn’t wake. I told him one reason but the other I told him to figure out by himself. The other reason was that Legolas feared him but now I understand why Legolas fears him. It is because of what Thranduil has put Legolas through. Now that I begin to think of that night, where is Arwen?” Elrond asked.

 

“I believe she is in her quarters.” Elrohir replied. One of the healers then burst through the door with Erestor close behind.

 

“What is it?” Elrond asked as he stood, ready to face the worst.

 “Legolas.” Breathed the elf. Elrond looked back at Elrohir before he began to run for the Houses of Healing.


Chapter End Notes:
This chapter is now finished and so are chapters 5 & 6. Please review