[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
Elrond sends some time with his children who he's practically neglected for so long in an attempt to help Legolas.

Elrond knocked on the door to his daughter’s bedroom. Arwen opened the door slowly before leaping into her father’s embrace. “How are you ield nîn?” Elrond asked as Arwen stepped back. “I’m alright. When I heard about all of this drama with Legolas I came home as fast as I could.” Arwen replied as she led her father into her bedroom. “Did you see Estel when you returned?” Elrond asked eager to hear anything of his youngest son. “Only just. He was here looking for you but when he learnt that you were still in Lasgalen he left. How is Legolas now?” Arwen asked. She may have fallen in love with Aragorn but she still cared for the Silvan elf with whom she was once betrothed. “I asked Elladan but as usual he wasn’t very informative. I feel he is angry with you Ada. Would I be right in saying that?” Arwen continued. “You would be. I think Elladan might be a little angry with me because I have spent so much time with Legolas over the past two years. Legolas is alright at this point in time but I fear the worst for what may come to pass in the next few days.” Elrond replied beginning to sound like the Lady Galadriel. “Why? Ada what is going on that makes you so worried?” Arwen asked anxiously. “Legolas was poisoned by orcs on his way here two years ago. They gave him a water skin that I’m guessing was filled with poisons to make Legolas lose his memory of the event and a poison that puts you to sleep for a long period of time while any wounds turn black and almost rotten. “I should probably be readying an antidote for him but he needs rest as well, he has been through quite an ordeal these past years and I don’t plan to make it any worse at this particular point in time.” Elrond explained at length. “I need to talk with Elladan; do you know where I can find him?” “I believe he’s down at the archery fields.” Arwen replied. “Hannon le. I’ll go and talk to him then.” Elrond said before he turned on his heel and left for the archery fields. *          *          * Elladan released another arrow. It whistled past the target and into the cluster of trees that stood behind it. Elladan threw down his bow in frustration and headed towards where his arrow had disappeared. Luckily, the arrow had struck a tree. Elladan pulled the arrow free and turned around to see his father smiling at him. “What do you want?” Elladan asked angrily. “To know if you’re angry with me.” Elrond answered. Elladan looked up at his father, a confused expression upon his face. “I’m not angry with you Ada, I’m just scared.” Elladan replied. “What are you scared about?” Elrond asked as he edged closer towards his son. “Legolas.” Elladan whispered as a tear rolled down his cheek and fell onto his father’s sleeve as Elrond wrapped his arms around his eldest son in a fatherly embrace. “It’s alright Elladan. Legolas will be fine, I promise you.” Elrond said softly as Elladan wept into his sleeve. “Why don’t we go back up to your room and talk?” Elrond suggested. Elladan looked up at his father and nodded as he sniffed and wiped his eyes. The pair then wandered back up to Elladan’s room where they began to talk about a variety of things that had occurred whilst Elrond had been in Lasgalen. They talked late into the night until they fell asleep. *          *          * Elrond woke suddenly. During his dreams he’d come upon an idea. He didn’t know if Legolas had told him the truth about what had happened to his back, sure the story was fitting enough but Elrond felt there was more to the young prince’s tale. Slowly and carefully Elrond stood and departed his son’s room for his study. It was still dark, a few hours before dawn so Elrond decided to put his plan into action now before anyone woke up. He sat down at his desk, grabbed a piece of parchment, a quill and an inkpot before he began to write. *~*~*~*~*~*Dear King Thranduil, I wish for you to come to Imladris for I need to speak to you about something involving Legolas and an injury he said he accumulated before he arrived in my valley two years ago. I do not plan to hold any blame against you for what has happened but I plead for you to come. Not for me and not for anyone else but for Legolas. It is your duty as a father to do this. He needs you to help him, he cannot do this alone Thranduil. Please come as soon as you can so we can resolve this. Lord Elrond of Imladris*~*~*~*~*~* Elrond held up the piece of parchment and read what he’d written. It seemed alright. He folded it and sealed it before he placed it in his pocket and headed for the Houses of Healing.


Chapter End Notes:
Here's the sixth chapter and don't ask how long it's going to take me to post the next one because i've had a mental blank. There's still a fair amount of writing to do before this tale is finished but i promise it will be done by the end of the school holidays. Thanks to everyone that's read and or reviewed this story, it really helps to keep me going. Please review and thanks