[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
Antidotes come in all shapes and sizes. Warning, this chapter is very long by my standards. on word it was four pages long!

Legolas looked up to see light pouring through the windows of the Houses of Healing in Imladris. It felt like it was going to be a beautiful day, one that he would sadly not be able to enjoy. His side was more painful than it had been since it had been pierced by an arrow that sad day two years ago. He heard the door open and looked to his right to see Elrond coming towards him.

 

“How are you feeling this fine morning Legolas?” Elrond asked as he sat down next to the elf.

 

“Alright but I must admit, I have felt much better on many other occasions.” Legolas replied as he attempted to sit up.

 

Elrond gently pushed the elf back down onto the bed and Legolas smiled. One of the other healers walked past and handed Elrond a cup.

 

“Legolas can you drink this for me?” Elrond asked.

 

“Well I could if you would let me sit up.” Legolas joked.

 

*Well at least he hasn’t lost his sense of humour from that poison* Elrond thought as he helped the young elf to sit up. He handed Legolas the cup and watched hopefully as Legolas drank.

 

After Legolas had handed the cup back to Elrond and he was lying down again Legolas chuckled.

 

“What?” Elrond asked.

 

“I should be asking what not you for one thing. What was that foul liquid?” Legolas asked.

 

“Legolas, in that water skin the orcs gave you, I believe there was a poison in it called mórsad. It is usually used when the victim is already injured and turns the skin around the injury black. The thing is though; you didn’t consume it until after they had injured your back so therefore, it has affected your side. The liquid I just gave you is the antidote. Sleep now and I will wake you later. If you wake before I get back I forbid you to attempt to get out of bed or to try anything stupid.” Elrond ordered.

 

“Alright.” Legolas replied simply. Elrond shook his head in disbelief, mainly for the fact Legolas had listened, unlike Elladan, Elrohir and Estel ever did. He stood and headed for the door as he passed by one of the other healers he requested they keep an eye on Legolas until he returned.

 

Elrond then went in search of Glorfindel. The elf lord was in the library arguing with Erestor about some trivial topic Elrond didn’t pay any attention to.

 

“Glorfindel, I need you to deliver a message to Lasgalen for me.” Elrond requested as Erestor stormed off.

 

“To whom does this message need be delivered to?” Glorfindel asked as he took the note from Elrond.

 

“To Thranduil. Go as fast as you can and make sure he comes as fast as possible.” Elrond replied. “Tell him that it is urgent and that Legolas is involved, nothing else.” he continued.

 

“I shall leave immediately.” Glorfindel replied before he bowed and ran off to gather his things.

 

*Now what to do?* Elrond thought as he wandered down to the gardens by the river.

 

“Ada!” someone called. Elrond looked around to see Elrohir rushing towards him.

 

“Mana ná sa ion nîn?” Elrond asked as he stood up.

 

“Elladan fell, hit his head. Erestor’s with him but he wants you.” Elrohir explained hurriedly.

 

“Where is he?” Elrond asked as he began to walk back towards the house.

 

“By the stairs leading down to the gardens, he was going to find you.” Elrohir replied. The pair then took off.

 

*          *          *

 

Elladan lay on the ground clutching his temple. Blood ran down his face and into his eyes, blinding him but he didn’t care about that, he wanted his Ada.

 

Elrond ran up to his son and lifted him onto his lap. He quickly looked over his son and when his eyes returned the crack on the side of Elladan’s head.

 

“Oh Elladan, what am I ever going to do with you?” Elrond asked as he held his son. “What happened?” Elrond asked hastily as he picked Elladan up in his arms.

 

“He was looking for you. I asked him why but he wouldn’t tell me. Then he got angry and I accidentally pushed him down the . . .” Elrohir trailed off.

 

“Don’t worry Elrohir, this wasn’t your fault.” Elrond replied softly. “Erestor, take Elrohir back to his room and calm him down before he kills himself. I’ll take Elladan.” Elrond instructed.

 

“Why would he kill himself milord?” Erestor asked.

 

“He’s believes he has harmed his twin, you know how Elrohir is.” Elrond whispered. Erestor nodded before leading Elrohir away.

 

“Elladan can you hear me?” Elrond whispered to the elf in his arms.

 

“I can.” Elladan replied faintly.

 

“Whatever you do don’t fall asleep alright?” Elrond pleaded.

 

“Ni indóme Ada.” Elladan replied.

 

Elrond carried his son all the way to the Houses of healing and by the time he reached a bed he practically dropped his son.

 

“I’m getting too old for this.” Elrond joked. A cough was all Elrond gained. He knelt down next to his son who was barely awake. “Are you alright Elladan?” Elrond asked feeling rather stupid, his son was covered in blood and he was asking whether he was alright.

 

“I’ve been better. Ada, can I tell you something?” Elladan asked in little more than a whisper. Elrond nodded silently. “I’m glad you’re here. Elrohir didn’t mean what he did but I still trust you more than anyone.” Elladan whispered.

 

“I know. I’m going to go and find some bits and pieces so I can hopefully fix your head but I can tell you now there will be permanent damage.” Elrond joked. Elladan smiled as Elrond stood and walked towards his store cupboard. He gathered the objects he would need and returned to Elladan’s bedside.

 

As he cleared the blood away from Elladan’s newly acquired injuries, Elrond’s gaze turned towards Legolas who still slept soundly. His breathing seemed fine and he didn’t wince the way he had for the past few days when he shifted in his sleep. Yet something was still wrong that Elrond couldn’t quite figure out.

 

“Ada?” Elladan asked worriedly.

 

“I’m fine. So what number is this now? I believe you’re up to injury number four thousand, six hundred and seventy – two?” Elrond joked as he continued the task at hand.

 

Soon enough, Elladan was all patched up and sleeping as he usually did after he acquired another injury.

 

Elrond had taken up his usual position next to Legolas and was watching him sleep, trying to pinpoint what exactly was still wrong.

 

“Lord Elrond, Elrohir wishes to speak with you.” Erestor said as he sat down next to Elrond.

 

“Tell him I’ll talk with him later.” Elrond replied.

 

“No, not later. Now! Elrond, you have become obsessed with trying to keep Legolas alive. He will be fine with me for a while no go and talk to Elrohir!” Erestor instructed angrily.

 

Hesitantly, Elrond stood and departed for Elrohir’s room.

 

Elrond didn’t bother to knock on the door for he knew his son wouldn’t bother answering it.

 

“What is it Elrohir?” Elrond asked as he sat down next to his son on the bed.

 

“I’ve hurt him Ada. I pushed him and I hurt him.” Elrohir exclaimed shakily.

 

“It is alright ion nîn. You may have pushed him but you did not harm him. You have done nothing wrong Elrohir. Why don’t you go and sit with him? He’s sleeping but I think he would be glad to wake up and see your face.” Elrond suggested. Elrohir nodded silently and the pair headed back toward the Houses of Healing.

 

“Hannon le Ada.” Elrohir said out of the blue.

 

“What for?” Elrond asked even though he knew the answer.

 

“For being here.”


Chapter End Notes:
Elvish:

Ni indóme Ada - I will Father

Mana ná sa ion nîn - What is it my son?

Awwwwww!!!!!! I don't know what compelled me to write this chapter the way i did, it just happened. As for what i did to the twins, i just felt i was neglecting them. Please review and thanks for reading