[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
If anyone who's been reading this and wondering when the character death is, it's in this chapter.

Elrohir had fallen asleep next to his twin; it was the third night since Elladan had accumulated his latest injury. Legolas still slept peacefully yet Elrond was still awake. He still tried to figure out what was wrong with Legolas. At about midnight, the elf lord fell asleep ad fell into dreams of Legolas’ death. Elrond didn’t know how far away this event was.

* * *

Legolas suddenly stopped breathing and as he faded away, he became aware of someone standing in front of him.

“Legolas, come.” The figure said. Legolas recognized this voice; he felt he had heard it before.

“Namo?” Legolas asked.

“Yes Legolas of Mirkwood, it is I. Come and I will take you away.” Namo replied.

Legolas looked back. He could see a dark room with a bed, a male elf and his body. He recognized the elf, it was Elrond!

“I’m sorry Namo, I cannot leave Arda. I still have things to do.” Legolas said.

“You do realize that by choosing to continue with your life your suffering will be prolonged. Are you sure you wish for a life filled with pain and suffering until the day you leave Arda?” Namo asked.

“You exaggerate. I will be fine. Let me go home Namo, I beg of you.” Legolas pleaded.

“Fine but let me warn you, death for you is inevitable whether you like it or not. I shall spare you now but in the future I doubt I will be so kind.” Namo replied as Legolas faded back to life.

Legolas’ eyes fluttered open and he looked around to see he was back in Imladris. He turned to his left to see Elrond sitting in a chair, fast asleep. Legolas reached out and shook Elrond’s arm to wake him up. This action caused Legolas great pain but he cared not.

“Legolas, is everything alright?” Elrond asked as he rubbed his eyes of his weariness.

“I’m fine. Met with Namo but that’s no big deal.” Legolas replied.

“You what?! You’re saying that you just died on me?!” Elrond asked angrily.

“Aye. Elrond, do not worry. I am fine. Namo said that I would be in more pain now but I do not care. I just wish to live, nothing more.” Legolas replied softly.

“You are brave Legolas of Mirkwood. Can I check your side before one of us falls asleep?” Elrond asked.

“Aye, you can.” Legolas replied.

Elrond pulled back the covers and lifted Legolas’ shirt. The wound was no longer the black colour it had been three days ago but it still looked painful and like it was still mending. Elrond gently ran a finger down the side of it and jerked away as Legolas tensed.

“Sorry.” Elrond apologized.

“Don’t worry about it.” Legolas replied.

Elrond ran his finger along the wound again, putting more pressure on it this time causing Legolas to cry out in agony.

“I can see what Namo meant when he said it would be more painful now.” Legolas exclaimed as he recovered from the sudden burst of pain.

Elrond covered the wound again and stepped back. “Do you mind if I go and sleep in my own bed tonight Legolas? Elrohir is here, he’s sitting with Elladan.” Elrond asked.

“Why is Elladan here? What happened to him?” Legolas asked hastily.

Elrond groaned and sat back down. “Three days ago after I gave you the antidote, I wandered down to the gardens be the river. Elrohir cam and said Elladan had hurt himself. It turned out Elladan had split his head open so he’s been sleeping for a couple of days. He’s alright now, it still hurts him a little but he will be fine.” Elrond explained.

“So that’s injury number what? Four thousand and eighty - nine?” Legolas joked.

“Actually, it is injury number four thousand, six hundred and seventy – two.” Elrond replied with a grin upon his face.

Elrohir woke with a start at the sound of Legolas’ voice and looked over towards his father and smiled before he stood and staggered over to Legolas’ bedside.

“How are you?” Elrohir asked with a yawn. “And why did you have to wake up so early in the morning?”

“I’m fine and it’s only a few hours before dawn Mr. I-need-sleep-twenty-four-hours-a-day.” Legolas replied.

“Elrohir, you’ve been sleeping for hours, I’m going to bed. You can watch over one elf who hasn’t woken in three days and one who is still asleep. Goodnight ionnath.” Elrond said before he left the Houses of Healing for his bed. Hopefully he would finally have a good night’s sleep for a couple of hours.

After Elrond left, Legolas and Elrohir exchanged glances before they burst out laughing.

“I said he was my father in my thoughts and this is how he repays me.” Legolas exclaimed.

“Welcome to the family gwador.”


Chapter End Notes:
Well, there's another chapter. the next chapter will be up in about a day or two, i need to figure out whether i'm going to base the next chapter on Thranduil's arrival or Legolas finally being able to get out of bed. Thanks for reading and please review