[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story


Chapter Notes:
Thranduil and Elrond figure out what exactly may have happened to Legolas before he arrived in Imladris two years ago

Later that day, Thranduil arrived in Imladris with Glorfindel. Immediately the pair went in search of Elrond but were unsuccessful in their search. After asking Erestor and Lindir where the elf lord was, they turned to the twins and Legolas.

They entered the Houses of Healing and rushed towards Legolas’ bedside. Legolas slept peacefully whilst Elrohir was reading a book. At the approach of Glorfindel and Thranduil he rose from his chair and faced them.

“Elrohir, where is your father?” Glorfindel asked hastily.

“I believe he’s in his room. He woke up early this morning and asked me if I could watch over Legolas so he could get some sleep.” Elrohir replied.

“He’s sleeping. What my I ask is he sleeping for?” Thranduil asked hastily.

“Maybe it’s because he’s been spending a majority of his time with your damn son! Why would you do that to him Thranduil?! Why?!” Glorfindel asked exasperated and angry.

“Do what? What have I done?” Thranduil asked innocently.

Before Glorfindel could retaliate, Elrond appeared and stopped the argument knowing that soon they would be at blows with each other.

“That is precisely why I asked you come. Glorfindel, you can go and tend to Asfaloth now. Thranduil we need to talk about some things. Elrohir, you can go and sit with Elladan if you wish, I would just prefer if we could talk about this with no one that isn’t involved. Is that alright?” Elrond asked. Elrohir nodded and returned to his twin’s bedside.

“What is going on Elrond?” Thranduil asked confusedly.

“When Legolas and I returned to Imladris, some questions sprouted in my mind. Legolas answered them for me but I wanted to know if you knew anything about it also to conclude my hypothesis. The first question I have is this: what do you know about the scars on Legolas’ back?” Elrond asked.

“Very little. When he was brought back to Lasgalen, a couple of the healers bathed him and found the scars but they were still bleeding but there was very little they could do apparently. They said the wounds weren’t infected and that they had bandaged them but nothing else. They didn’t say anything about what had caused them though.” Thranduil explained.

“Legolas told me he had been captured by orcs and tortured. What do you know about that?” Elrond continued.

“I know nothing of this but I have had a feeling that something like that had happened at some stage.” Thranduil replied.

“What caused you to feel that way may I ask?” Elrond requested.

“One night when I went to check on Nuinlanthir, I overheard two of the healers talking about something like that. That was before he had left two years ago, before all of this drama. Does that help your hypothesis?” Thranduil asked.

“Yes and no. It answers one question and then raises another. Why would the healers be planning to torture your son and their prince? It is all very confusing. What were the healers’ names may I ask?” Elrond requested.

“One was Ainu and the other was Tavári. I never would guess though that elves with the names for ‘angel’ and ‘wood spirit’ would be in league with something so foul. Never in an age would I have guessed that.” Thranduil replied incredulously.

“We need to figure out one more thing, did you or any of the healers know that Legolas had been poisoned?” Elrond asked.

“When exactly would he have been poisoned?” Thranduil asked.

“On his return to Lasgalen after the arrow pierced his side.” Elrond replied.

“No, none of us knew that. I suspect that Ainu and Tavári did but I doubt they bothered to tell anyone other than those who control them. When I return to Lasgalen, what do wish me to do with them?” Thranduil asked.

“I suggest that before you punish them, you ask them about this. There is no point in punishing them if they didn’t do it of their own free will. If they were indeed controlled, find the one who controlled them and punish them. Another thing I wanted to ask you about Thranduil was whether you could Legolas’ forgiveness for everything.” Elrond requested.

“What do you mean?” Thranduil asked with a puzzled expression clearly marked upon his face.

“Will you ask Legolas’ forgiveness? You know what I speak of Thranduil and it is time you put a stop to it before you lose him. He has already come close to departing. You need to ask him forgiveness for everything you have done. Ever since you wife died, you have blamed him for it. He needs to know that you love him and that you are truly sorry. That is all you can do but you need to ask him nonetheless.” Elrond explained.

“I shall ask him as soon as he wakes.” Thranduil replied before laying a gentle kiss upon his son’s forehead.

“I was actually thinking that in a couple of days we could try and get him out of bed and down to the gardens for a while. Why don’t you ask him then?” Elrond suggested.

“That’s probably the best suggestion you’ve had all day my friend. Thank you Elrond.” Thranduil said.

“For what?” Elrond asked.

“For being like a father to Legolas when my mind was clouded by sorrow and grief as I lamented for Arinyaúrin. Hannon le Elrond, hannon le.” Thranduil replied.

“Why don’t we leave Legolas to sleep in peace. Shall we adjourn to the gardens?” Elrond asked. Thranduil nodded as he stood.

Before they left, he took one last look at his son and smiled.

*Hannon le Vaire* Thranduil thought as he smiled at his son. *My family will be whole once again*

Thranduil and Elrond then wandered down to the gardens where they enjoyed the sunshine, something Thranduil hadn’t done in many years.


Chapter End Notes:
This isn't the last chapter. there's probably another two or maybe three after this so keep a look out. Please review and thanks for reading