Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

 

A/N: Again, forgive me for the long time, and i will try to do my best.

Title: I Can Feel It! 10

Author: Sivan Shemesh

Beta:Manon

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence, guilty. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

Teaser/Summary

Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

“Legolas!”

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

I should have listened to you before,” Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…

10.

Gimli stared at Aragorn. He did not have any answers, but he wished that he did so that he could help Legolas.

“You have my help. Now what are we going to do?” Gimli asked, hoping that at least Aragorn would have some answers.

“I do not know, for I do not have any answers…” Aragorn replied.

“How is he? Can we go and search for the hobbits?” Gimli asked with concern, his eyes focused on Aragorn.

Aragorn knelt by Legolas, checking the wounds, and sighed in relief. Then he turned toward Gimli and answered, “He is doing much better. We can definitely start moving tomorrow, and we can go hunting.”

“But how will Legolas know, as he cannot even hear us?” Gimli asked, looking at Aragorn with worried expression on his face.

Aragorn looked around and noticed the shadows from the trees around them. He could hear the birds as they sang, and he took some deep breaths before sighing.

“Aragorn?” Gimli asked, hoping that his friend would come up with some ideas.

“Gimli, my friend, I think I have a solution to our problem…” Aragorn answered and stopped as he watched the dwarf, searching for any signs of reaction. When he found none, he grinned and continued, “If Legolas is nature, then nature will help us to deal with him.”

There was a frown on Gimli’s face. ‘What is he talking about?’ he wondered

“What do you mean?” Gimli asked, feeling confused and staring at Aragorn as he waited for answers.

Aragorn glanced at him before rising to his feet. He walked toward Gimli and said, “I mean, if Legolas has a connection with nature, then nature itself would help us to communicate with him in their own way.” His words were calm and confident.

Gimli walked around, feeling indecisive about what he had heard, but stopped when he heard the birds as they sang around him.

The dwarf turned around and stared at Aragorn. “Are we going to have to rely on nature?” he asked quietly.

“I am afraid we do, as neither of us know how to deal or to communicate with a deaf elf,” Aragorn answered in defeat, breaking eye contact with Gimli.


 

While Legolas appeared to still be resting, Aragorn attended to his wounds. Some of them seemed to be healing, but others still remained as black scars on Legolas’ body, indicating to him that there was still some poison.

“If only I had listened to you, this would not have happened. Now, this is the result of my behavior,” Aragorn said quietly into Legolas’ ear, not wanting Gimli to hear him. In his mind he felt that he had to say it, to expel the burden from his heart, and that it might be the only way, even when his friend could not hear him.

He felt that he had done the right thing.


 

What Aragorn did not realise was that Gimli was standing nearby in the forest and had heard what Aragorn had said. He heard in Aragorn’s voice that the man still blamed himself.

Gimli was worried about Aragorn, and he hoped that the man would not lose his control now that Legolas was deaf and had become fragile. Certainly the elf could not save himself as he would not be able to hear any enemies that might be approaching them.

Gimli knelt behind Aragorn and placed his hand on Aragorn’s shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze in support.

Aragorn turn his head and he noticed Gimli. He smiled and thanked him.

Then he returned his gaze to Legolas, wishing that the elf could hear him, wishing he could turn back time.

Regret and guilt still riddled his mind. ‘This wouldn’t have happened if I had listened to every word that he said…’ he thought.

Aragorn watched Legolas wearily, his eyes beginning to fill with tears. Slowly they began to fall, and soon he was crying for the loss of his best friend, crying over his actions that had led to this, wishing that Legolas would forgive him, hoping that Legolas would hear again.

Gimli watched helplessly as Aragorn cried, wanting to comfort the man but not sure how to. It seemed that Aragorn was pessimistic about Legolas being able to hear again, and now Gimli was beginning to believe that the elf would remain deaf.

It appeared that they had lost their faith and trust in their friend’s life.

End of Chapter 10.