Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

 

Title: I Can Feel It! 13

Author: Sivan Shemesh

Beta: Catherine Little

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence, guilty. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

Teaser/Summary

Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

Legolas!”

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

I should have listened to you before,” Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…

13.

While in the forest

Legolas pushed his hands through the bunches as he could see the green leaves fell to the ground, though he did not pay for it any attention as he walked by.

He was frustrated. He was deaf.

He could felt his legs became numb as he collapsed on the ground; he could feel his own blood dripping from his limp body, and wondered about the upcoming death that might fell on him.

His body gave up, he lie on the ground and wait for the Hall of Mandos to welcome him.

“Saes, take me. My body is weak and I am deaf, saes…” Legolas whispered as his breath became heavy.

ICFI! 13

Back over Aragorn and Gimli…

Excuse me?” Aragorn burst like a fireball over the dwarf.

“What did I say?” Gimli asked in innocently way.

“What? What?” Aragorn almost yelled on him.

Gimli smiled over the burning face of his friend, and Aragorn could feel the anger rising slowly over his head and groaned over the dwarf, “You… you…”

“What about me?” Gimli asked still giggling over him.

“You… you… you be the death of me.” Aragorn finally spilled as he stared over the dwarf.

“Only me? And what about our elf?” Gimli asked as he grinned over Aragorn.

“Now, about him, if I am not find him soon, I will kill him when we find him.” Aragorn answered as he hid his smile.

“So let me get this straight. You will kill him only when we will find him, but what would I do?”

“You will hold me for killing him, as if I will kill him, his father, the king of Mirkwood will kill me himself.” Aragorn explained as the smile was now shown on his face.

“All right then, I will do my best to protect Legolas when the time would come,” Gimli responded and then he continued, “Now where that elf could be?”

Aragorn waved his hand over the dwarf as he replied, “Followed me…”

“Hurry up…” Gimli said to him.

Aragorn ignored his words as he tracked Legolas.

He could see sip after sip of blood, like a trail to follow.

He follows it, and so did Gimli.

Both of then could see their friend laid on the ground; pale and unmoving.

Aragorn could feel his legs stuck on the ground, though the words that he said to Gimli before, seemed faded away like the wind carried them far away.

Aragorn froze and stared over Legolas, while Gimli hurried over the lying elf, and then he turned his head found Aragorn only stared.

“ARAGORN!” Gimli shouted over the man hope that Aragorn would return to himself, and helping him with that elf.

Aragorn could felt the dread built in his body, the hairs on his back stood, as he truly wished that Legolas is not dead.

“Legolas?” Aragorn asked, as he walked over his friend, and knelt by him.

“Aragorn?” Gimli asked with a slight fear.

Aragorn stared at him, and then Gimli asked, “ Did you forget that Legolas is deaf?”

“I guess that I did, but how could I treatment him well, if he cannot even hear us?” Aragorn asked.

Gimli stared at him, he could see the emptiness in the man’s eyes, and though that Aragorn might just gave up saving his best friend’s life.

“Are you giving up on him already?” Gimli asked.

“No, but I wish that Legolas would hear us, so we could help.” Aragorn replied.

“I wish that too, but we need not to grow in expectation, it might do us disappointed.” Gimli suggested with grace.

“So I should not do that, I do not wish more troubles to fell on us…”

Gimli nodded, and then he asked, “Is there anything you want me to do?”

Aragorn glanced over the blood soaked bandages, and then he glanced over the sight, hearing the river flowing, he sighed lightly and then he spoke. “I hear the river.”

“We have water, I think.” Gimli said in harsh not knowing what Aragorn really wants.

“But what if we do not have more enough?” Aragorn asked, his eyes were still locked over the limp body of Legolas.

“Right, I get the idea. Do we have any spare barrel?”

Aragorn did some search in the bag, and when he found it, he gave it over the dwarf.

Gimli left searching over the river.

Aragorn as he knelt, removed the blood soaked bandages from Legolas’s pale body, and wondered if he did missed something.

Aragorn collected the green leaves and used them to weep the blood that still leaked from the open scars.

‘Is this ever stop?’ Aragorn thought in worry as he noticed the amount of blood that he cleaned.

Aragorn noticed something leaking with the red blood, it was black.

‘Poison? Is it still in his body?’Aragorn wondered as the same dread filled him.

Gimli returned with the water, and could see too the blood that licked from his friend’s body, what he noticed and caught his eyes was the blood that tickled from Legolas’s mouth, it was painted, both red and black.

“Aragorn?”

“What Gimli?”

“There is blood tickling from Legolas’s mouth, why it is black?”

“There is a chance that not all the poison left his body, and I need you to sedate him.

Gimli nodded in fear as he remembered the last time, he stared over Aragorn, hope that the man would continue, “What are you standing? Do it!”

“W… what?” Gimli asked as he seemed unsure of what he heard, although the order that Aragorn gave him.

“Sedate him, so I could check if I get all the poison out.” Aragorn explained.

“What could I do afterwards?” Gimli asked, hoped to get to do something to heal his friend, he did not want only to stare at Aragorn doing his part, he wanted to take part.

“Wipe the blood from his mouth, and help me to clean the remain blood from the opened scars, and then squeeze the herbs in the empty bowl, till it becomes a powder and saturated a little with the water that you brought. And then I need your aid to bring me new bandages as well.” Aragorn replied and stared over the dwarf, who quickly started to work, as time might betrayed them, the time they did not have.

Gimli sedated Legolas; using the herbs, moving them closer over the elf’s nose, and then he moved his ear over the elf’s chest, he sighed as he heard Legolas’s shallow breaths that left his mouth.

“You doing well.” Aragorn greeted at him with a soft smile.

“And quickly,” Gimli said, and added, “Legolas’s life is in our hands, Aragorn.”

“I know that Gimli, and we have to be patience, we need to save him, and let him know that we are not giving up on him!” Aragorn remarked.

“He should know that by himself, my friend.” Gimli said it to him.

End of Chapter 13.