Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

 

Title: I Can Feel It! 16/17

Author: Sivan Shemesh

Beta: nautika

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence, guilty. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

Teaser/Summary

Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

“Legolas!”

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

“I should have listened to you before,” Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…

16.

A/N: The idea to the story about why I act cruelty over my fav. Elf, and left him deaf was came from a snip of what Aragorn did in TTT movie… grin…I mean why I been cruel to my elf…

Special Disclaimer and A/N2: Quotes taken from TTT. For good cause for the story, I did some changing, only a bit…

The trio was in motion as soon as Legolas stood on his feet; he did a bit of exercise before he ran after the man, and Gimli was in the rear, watching the elf's back, fearful that if he fell he would not be able to rise and not wishing they had left the elf behind.

The Three Hunters ran across rocks and plains, with Aragorn in the lead, followed by Legolas and Gimli. From time to time, Legolas looked back to make sure that Gimli was keeping up. Aragorn suddenly bent down to pick up an Elven brooch from the ground.

The man said, “Not idly do the leaves of Lórien fall.”

That filled the elf with hope, as he had thought that because of him, the hobbits might died. Now he mumbled to his friend, “They may yet be alive.”

Legolas turned around, looking at the dwarf, noticing how the dwarf stumbled from behind the rocks and rolled over the ground.

Legolas hid his grin, as he encouraged Gimli as he panted for breath, “Come, Gimli! We are gaining on them!”

Gimli panted to breath as he mumbled, “I am wasted on cross-country! We dwarves are natural sprinters! Very dangerous over short distances!”

The trackers came over a hill and paused as they gazed across the plains below.

Legolas studied the man; watched him as he started to speak, “Rohan. Home of the horse-lords. There is something strange at work here. Some evil gives speed to these creatures, sets its will against us.”

Legolas ran ahead and looked out to the horizon. He missed the view, he noticed the birds in the sky, and he smiled a bit, found himself relaxing at the sight in front of him.

Not even knowing if the man had said something, he spoke, describing the sight before him, “The Uruks turn northeast. They’re taking the hobbits to Isengard!”

Then the three hunters raced over the tracks, running like the witch-king himself were after their tails.

Gimli mumbled suddenly, “Keep breathing! That’s the key! Breathe! Ho!”

Legolas said to himself while running, “They run as if the very whips of their masters were behind them.”

While running after Aragorn, Legolas enjoyed the feeling of the breeze on his face, it felt good, then he look up at the sky, noticed the red sun rising, he stopped, and said, “The red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night.”

Aragorn knelt on the ground, his ear on the earth, listening to the noise like the earth shaking, then lead them behind some boulders.

A large group of horse-men appeared, galloping quickly with their banners flying. Aragorn came out of hiding as they passed, followed by Legolas and Gimli.

Aragorn called to the group, “Rider of Rohan, what news from the Mark?”

At a signal from Éomer at the lead, the riders made a quick turn and headed toward them, surrounding them in an ever-tightening circle. As they stopped, they pointed their long spears menacingly at the three.

The man snapped at them, “What business does an Elf, a man and a Dwarf have in the Riddermark? Speak quickly!”

Gimli with his cocky behavior spoke to Éomer, “Give me your name, Horsemaster, and I shall give you mine.”

Éomer handed his staff to another rider, and dismounted. Aragorn put a hand on Gimli’s shoulder.

Éomer snapped at the dwarf as he warned him, “I would cut off your head, Dwarf, if it stood but a little higher from the ground.”

Legolas, in a lightning fast move, pointed an arrow at Éomer. Gimli and Aragorn stared in disbelief; hope was now common in their mind. ‘He can hear…’

Legolas stared with a stoic face at Éomer, “You would die before your stroke fell!”

The riders all pointed their spears closer at the travelers. After a tense moment, Aragorn pushed down Legolas’ arm.

Aragorn started to talk, introducing himself and his companion to the horse masters, “I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn. This is Gimli, son of Glóin and Legolas of the Woodland realm. We are friends of Rohan and of Théoden, your king.”

Éomer, with a lack of hope, took off his helmet as he spoke, “Théoden no longer recognizes friend from foe. Not even his own kin.”

The spears are withdrawn.

Aragorn gave his elf friend, a nod and a smile, as Legolas could hear, and his instincts seemed to be quite well.

Gimli was grateful as the elf risked his own life saving his neck, and moved his hand over the elf’s elbow and squeezed it gently, at the touch, Legolas stared at him, but no word came from his lips.

End of Chapter 16.