Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

 

A/N: I want to thank to all the loyal reviews for support and encouragement that you gave, and forgive me for taking long on it, though, it's finished.

Hannon-le.

Title: I Can Feel It! 17/17

Author: Sivan Shemesh

Beta: nautika - Hannon-le, mellon-nin.

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence, guilt. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

Teaser/Summary

Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

“Legolas!”

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

I should have listened to you before,” Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…

17. Epilogue

Riders of Rohan left the three hunters as they rode North.

Gimli stared at the elf with an astonished look in his face, as a joyful sparkle appeared in his eyes.

“Can you hear us clearly now, master elf?”

Legolas nodded, and stared at the horizon where the ashes of the bodies could be seen by his keen eyes.

Legolas was not ready for the dwarf’s act, as Gimli came closer and hugged his hands around Legolas’s waist, and with a smile he said, “Thank you, laddie.”

Legolas lowered his head, staring at the dwarf, with confusion, and then at Aragorn.

“Forgive me, mellon-nin, for not listening to your warning, I should have done so, but I did not, and almost cost your life, and I could not bear that you were deaf, and could not hear me, but I assumed that it was well, as I now, would listen, and will take your words to my heart.” Aragorn admitted to his friend, as he clasped his hands on the elf’s shoulders.

Legolas nodded to Aragorn as well, still saying not a word for both of them, as he needs to know, what he should say, as he felt that he was a burden while the Quest, and he felt that it was his own fault about Boromir’s death and losing the Hobbits.

“Legolas?” Aragorn asked, and he wiped his tears as they fell from his hazel eyes, both out of happiness that Legolas finally could hear, and yet, sadness that the elf not cooperate, neither talk to them.

Aragorn stared at the elf, he could noticed how the elf was so tensed, and he knew that he should do something that Legolas would opened to him and Gimli, to know what bothered him so.

“You are my friend since we were younger,” Aragorn started to say, his eyes still locked at the elf’s form, and added, “You knew my fears as I knew yours, so tell us mellon-nin, what troubles you now?”

Legolas sighed, swallowed the lump in his throat, and said in a shaky voice, “I… was a burden, when you could have hunted those Uruk-Hai’s down and saved the hobbits… you should left me there, and saved them, as each of us, made a vow. Because of my, because of my injury, you failed this vow.”

And with that, the elf looked away from them, feeling that he failed the Fellowship.

“Hold on, lad,” Gimli said to the elf, and added, “You never were a burden!”

“Yes, I was,” Legolas, said with determination, and then he looked at Aragorn, and snapped at him, “I saw you walk away from me, vanishing from sight, I know that I was a burden, I could see it in your eyes. Knowing that I was deaf, you walk away, leaving me with Gimli who seemed helpless.”

“You watch us, even if you did not feel well, after recovering from your other injuries.” Aragorn claimed.

“Aye, adopting other senses, when one is seemed useless at a time,” Legolas grinned, gave them a little smile, and then added, “What would I do, if it was for all my life, I could feel useless, when the time to attack could appear, when I could not hear the danger, and I will put your life in danger, I could not do so…” Legolas admitted, and lowered his head, as the smile vanished from his face.

Aragorn lifted Legolas’s head, “But you are not, your hearing is back, and we know that you would save and warn us of any danger that came for us.”

“But what-if?” Legolas asked, his voice quivering.

“Stop that mellon-nin, you are fine, and should stop dwelling on what might have happened.” Aragorn advised him with a smile.

“Come, elf, we should ride, and you should hear the wind blowing as we fly through it.”

The End!


 

Let me know, if you love it, which part you love, anything that crossed in your mind, is welcome.