Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Title: I Can Feel It! 4/?

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.co.il

Beta: Manon & Carol

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence, Guilty. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

****

Teaser/Summary


Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

“Legolas!”

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

“I should have listened to you before,” Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…



4.

“He will not die, Gimli, I will not let him die,” Aragorn stated to the dwarf.

Gimli watched every move that Aragorn made as the man tried to save Legolas from the dark death.

Aragorn looked at his friend and started to cut next to the first arrow, before pulling it out slowly.

While Aragorn was making the cut, Gimli started to do the same thing with the other arrow.

“Gimli!” Aragorn called, noticing the deep cut the dwarf had made.

Gimli frowned; he did not know what he had done this time, and asked: “What?”

“You need to cut a little more carefully, so as not to leave a deep scar,” Aragorn tried to explain.

“So how should I cut him?” Gimli asked.

“Just think that you are slicing into butter,” Aragorn said.

“Butter?” Gimli asked, and glared at the man hard.

Aragorn’s answer seemed very strange to him.

“Just imagine…”

Aragorn pulled out the first arrow and showed what he had done to the dwarf. “You see?”

“Is it supposed to move like that?” Gimli asked, staring at the arrow with puzzled look on his face.

“Yes, like this,” Aragorn confirmed.

Gimli pulled out the arrows, one after another. He was relieved when all of the arrows were out.

Aragorn gathered some branches and made a fire. Then he put some herbs inside a cup and said to Gimli: “I need water to boil, and do it fast.” In the meantime Aragorn put bandages on the wounds left by the arrows.

Gimli took a large vessel and ran to the river to get the water for boiling.

While Gimli was down at the river, Aragorn started talking to his friend, hoping Legolas would hear him and forgive him.

“I am sorry…” Aragorn apologized, stroking his friend’s hair. “I should have listened to you….”

Legolas could vaguely hear a voice talking to him, but he could not recognize it.

Aragorn looked towards the river, waiting for Gimli to return with the water.

As the water was boiling, Aragorn took bandage after bandage and put them in the water. He took off the bandages covering Legolas’ wounds and replaced them with the other bandages, that were now cooled off enough to be used.

Aragorn made a tea from the herbs, and tried to sit Legolas up to get him to drink the tea, which would help in getting rid of any poison there may have been from the arrows.

“Gimli, lift his head carefully so that I can get some of this tea into him,” Aragorn said.

Gimli nodded, and raised his friend’s head, holding it.

Aragorn brought the cup to Legolas’ lips, carefully pouring into the elf’s mouth some of the tea and making sure the elf swallowed it.

Once Legolas had drunk the tea, Gimli laid the elf’s head softly back onto the ground, and he leaned against a tree to rest.

Aragorn could not rest, however. He could not close his eyes, as he felt guilty for what had happened. He felt that he could have stopped it before it had, if only had listened to the elf. But he had not.

The man thought that if by talking to Legolas, the elf may forgive him when he woke up, so he started:

“I did not know that you had saved Gimli’s life in that way, instead of saving your own, and I wonder to myself why you did not…”

Legolas could remember tasting the tea; it did not taste very nice. He could not feel anything, but he did trust Aragorn with all his heart.

He could also remember feeling the pain from the arrows, but could not remember how Aragorn and Gimli cut around them to pull them out. He felt dizzy, and his mind was vague, before darkness overtook him and he lost consciousness completely.

“Why did you think of my life instead of yours?” Aragorn continued asking the elf. He knew he would not get any answers to his questions, but he continued.

Aragorn felt the burden upon his heart, and felt that he had to let it go.

End of Chapter 4.

R/R