Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Title: I Can Feel It! 5/?

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.co.il

Beta: Manon & Carol

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence, Guilty. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

****

Teaser/Summary



Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

“Legolas!”

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

“I should have listened to you before,” Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…

5.

Hours later…

Gimli woke and saw Legolas’ eyes were open and staring at him. Next to him was Aragorn, who had his eyes closed.

“Aragorn. Aragorn!” Gimli called. His eyes were on Legolas.

Aragorn woke up when he heard the dwarf. He looked at him and asked, “What?”

“He is awake.” Gimli motioned towards the elf.

Aragorn glanced at Legolas and saw that the dwarf was right. He moved closer to his friend and asked him, “How are you feel?”

There was no answer from Legolas.

“Please mellonen, tell me that you are feeling alright…” Aragorn begged to his friend, hoping to hear his voice. Then there was a sound.

Legolas moved his lips and whispered, “Water…”

He felt as if his throat was burning… He closed his eyes, praying that the pain will go away. But it did not leave him.

Aragorn boiled the rest of the water and made another tea from the herbs. Once again Gimli helped to hold the elf’s head up while he drank the tea.

After Legolas had finished drinking he teased weakly, “That was not water…”

“I know, my friend, but it will heal you,” Aragorn said.

Legolas did not seem to hear what Aragorn had said, but he saw the man’s lips moving. Legolas nodded.

“Gimli, talk to him,” Aragorn said, thinking the dwarf needed to release whatever was in his heart.

Gimli came closer and leaned towards Legolas, who only stared at him and blinked.

Legolas’ eyes became darker than before, which made the dwarf shiver slightly.

“It seems that I did not thank you properly for saving my life,” Gimli said, continuing even though he did not receive any response from the elf. “No one has ever saved my life, except you; you have given me faith, and I thank you.”

“Is that right, Gimli?” Aragorn asked, a weak smile on his face.

Gimli nodded; his eyes were back on Legolas, waiting to hear something.

“And what have I given you?” Aragorn could not resist asking.

Legolas watched how they kept glancing at each other and did not say anything, just kept looking at them.

“You gave me hope Aragorn; you gave me hope when I thought he was going to die,” Gimli said, his voice close to shouting.

Aragorn now had a big smile on his face, proud that Legolas’ life had been saved.

The man noticed that Legolas had not say anything else since saying he was thirsty, and began to wonder why the elf was not speaking.

“Legolas, why are you so quiet?” Aragorn asked, waiting for an answer.

“Need to rest…” Legolas mumbled, trying to avoid answering the man, telling him what he really felt. The elf closed his eyes.

‘I pushed you too far when you have only just woken up. Forgive me, my friend,’ Aragorn thought, and stroked his friend’s hair.

“Why has he closed his eyes again?” Gimli asked anxiously.

“He needs to rest,” Aragorn explained.

“And you let him?” Gimli asked, grinning at him, but Aragorn looked at him as if he wanted to kill him.

“Gimli, he has suffered a lot, and he needs to rest,” Aragorn said.

There was an awkward silence after Aragorn’s words. Then Gimli asked, “Do you think we will ever see Frodo and Sam again?”

“I think we will, but first we must know if Legolas will be able to walk and fight,” Aragorn replied and sighed heavily.

“I really do hope we will see them again sooner or later,” Gimli said. He then looked at his friend. “He risked his life to save you and me. We owe him, Aragorn; we owe him more than he thinks…”

“You are right, my friend,” Aragorn replied without hesitation.

“Why can’t he talk to us?” Gimli asked.

“He may be still in some pain Gimli; the tea will help him,” Aragorn said, thinking that that could be the answer why Legolas was not saying much.

Legolas could sense they were talking about him, but he kept his eyes closed and did not say anything.

He felt that the man did not need to know just yet that he could not hear what they were saying.

~~

Few minutes later…

Aragorn noticed that Legolas was trying to open his eyes again.

“Easy friend,” Aragorn said, and helped Legolas to sit up against the trunk of a tree.

“A… Aragorn?” Legolas called in a weak voice.

“I am here, my friend, I am here,” Aragorn tried to comfort him.

Legolas opened his eyes, and noticed the frown on his friend’s face.

The elf could see Aragorn’s lips moving, but again there was no sound. He glared at the man.

“What did you say?” Legolas asked. He desperately wanted to hear his friend’s voice again, or Gimli’s groans.

“Legolas…” Aragorn called to his friend, but Legolas did not seem to hear him.

Gimli watched the scene, and was as worried as Aragorn.

A horrible thought crossed Gimli’s mind, and in that moment he cursed the elf for his stubbornness.

“The elf cannot hear us, can he?” Gimli asked.

End of Chapter 5.

R/R