Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

 

Title: I Can Feel It! 6/?

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.co.il

Beta: Manon

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence. Guilty. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

Teaser/Summary



Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

“Legolas!”

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

“I should have listened to you before,” Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…

6.

Aragorn looked at the dwarf. Taking a deep breath, he said, “Apparently not. I do believe that this is temporary as the poison has not yet left his body.”

“I really hope that you are right, my friend,” Gimli said, and looked at Legolas who only stared at him.

Legolas saw their lips moving, but he could not hear what they were saying.

“I… I am sorry,” Legolas murmured suddenly, and let a tear slide down his cheek.

Gimli groaned at Legolas’ words. “About what should the elf feel sorry for?”

“I do not know Gimli; I wish I knew…” Aragorn said, and rose.

Legolas became alarmed when he saw Aragorn get up.

“Where do you think you are going?” Gimli asked.

“I need to get away to think for a while…” Aragorn said and left them.

“AND HOW EXACTLY SHOULD I GET ALONG WITH A DEAF ELF?” Gimli shouted to the human.

There was the sound of a whimper coming from behind him. Gimli turned around and saw that Legolas was trying to get up, one hand on the worst of his wounds, his other hand on the ground as he tried to push himself up and follow his friend.

Gimli knew that he should say something to the elf, but then decided not to say anything. He only laid his hands on Legolas’ shoulders, gently pushing the elf back down. He knew that Legolas needed to rest.

Gimli looked at his friend. He wished that Aragorn was with him to help him with the elf, as he didn’t know what he should do.

'Why have you left me with him?' Gimli wondered.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legolas felt the need to follow his friend, and did not know why Aragorn left him alone with the dwarf.

"Oh no elf, you are not going anywhere," Gimli hissed at him, before continuing more softly, "How can I handle a deaf and stubborn elf by myself?"

Legolas looked at Gimli and tried to read the dwarf's lips, but he couldn’t.

His chest ached; it felt as it was burning. It pained him, more than he thought.

"ARAGORN!" Gimli shouted.

The pain he saw in Legolas’ face made him cry out in fear. He felt that he could not do anything to save Legolas, though the elf’s life was now in his hands.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aragorn heard shouting; he figured that it was Gimli's voice by his roughness. But he did not have the time to turn back. He was desperate to find a cure; otherwise Legolas would be deaf for eternity.

He walked back to the boats, thinking that might be something on them that he could use, but there was nothing.

Aragorn turned around and started to make his way back to Gimli and Legolas, his face showing despair.

When he returned Aragorn looked at Gimli. He could sense that Gimli wanted to yell at him, wanting to know why he had left the dwarf alone with a deaf elf.

But Gimli said nothing. He only looked at Aragorn and nodded.

Aragorn’s first thought was that something had happened, so he waited to hear what the dwarf had to say. When there was no response, he started to turn away.

"Aragorn!" Gimli called to him.

"Yes, Gimli?" Aragorn asked, turning back to the dwarf.

"Do you know how difficult it was to get the elf to stay here instead of trying to follow you?" Gimli groaned at him.

"Forgive me, my friend, but I was trying to look for a cure. I cannot see him like this, and I know he does not want anyone to pity him…" Aragorn confessed, and lowered his head.

"I forgive you, but I do not know about the elf. He may have started thinking that you wanted to leave him behind…" Gimli said, pointing to where the elf was supposed to be. Then when he went to look at Legolas, he yelled, “What!”

"Gimli? What is it?" Aragorn called, seeing the furious look on the dwarf’s face.

"He was right there… I swear to you… he was right there… where is he?" Gimli asked, beginning to feel he was losing control.

"Gimli, calm down." Aragorn raised his hand, and Gimli took a deep breath and did as he was asked. In his heart, though, Aragorn could swear that he felt the pain of losing a friend.

End of Chapter 6.

R/R