Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Just don't kill the author... lol!

Title: I Can Feel It! 7

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.co.il

Beta: Manon

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence, Guilty. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

Teaser/Summary

Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

“Legolas!”

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

“I should have listened to you before,” Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…

7.

Gimli could not calm down as he felt responsible for Legolas.

Aragorn clasped the dwarf’s shoulder. Looking down at him, he said, "You did not fail, my dear friend, it was I that failed…"

Gimli looked at him; he still could not believe that his friend was blaming himself.

"Now, stop that, you cannot blame yourself for everything," Gimli said to him.

“And why not; it was I who had not listened to my friend, it was I who left you with him, it was I…” Aragorn’s voice trailed off, his eyes staring into the distance, his thoughts elsewhere.

“It was you that what?” Gimli asked.

There was no answer from Aragorn. Gimli looked at the man’s face and knew that Aragorn was thinking about Legolas.

“Aragorn?” Gimli asked, his voice trembling as he was worried about him.

“Ah… what?” Aragorn asked, looking back at the dwarf, not knowing why Gimli was interrupting his thoughts.

“What? Is that all you can say?” Gimli groaned at him.

“Then what should I saying, my friend?” Aragorn smirked at him.

“Stop that!” Gimli called furiously. There was a frown on Aragorn’s face.

“We need to look out for Legolas; we need to do what we can for him because he… he… is DEAF!” Gimli shouted, shuddering at the word.

“Gimli, I know that he is deaf, but remember, I can and will help him. But we need to work together; we can not help him if you are like this. So stop groaning.”

Gimli looked at him, and only smiled. For once he felt that he did something useful with his teasing of the human.


 

In the forest…

Legolas walked blindly; he was no longer able to hear the songs of the trees anymore.

He felt so alone. Aragorn had left him, knowing he was deaf, and so had the dwarf by not letting him go after his friend.

He would prefer to have died, not remained alive and deaf. But it seemed the Valar had other plans for him. Legolas cursed the Valar; wanting desperately to hear the birds and the trees.

He stared at the trees, their branches, his eyes travelling up till he was staring at the tips of the trees, high in the sky. His heart ached. He missed their songs, for they always gave him comfort. Legolas walked around one of the trees, trying desperately to hear something, but there was only silence.

He moved his hand over his wound. It was still aching. He sank down onto the ground, his back resting against the trunk of the tree.

‘Why did you leave me, Aragorn?’ Legolas thought in despair. ‘Is it because I am of no use anymore? Because I am now deaf?’

Legolas closed his eyes, letting the pain of being abandoned by one he thought his friend surround him. He lowered his head and swallowed hard. He wanted the pain to go away, but he knew it wouldn’t. Legolas never felt so alone now that Aragorn had left him.

End of Chapter 7.

R/R