Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

A/N: Forgive me for not update for so long this story. This chapter had - revised, re-write, as I fought the bunnies to stop, and this is what led... evil grin.

8.

Despite the pain, Legolas continued to crawl, wanting to keep himself moving. He did not want to stay.

He felt that he could not go on anymore. The pain as becoming worse, and he just wanted to finish it. He moved his hand to his quiver, but he could not reach it. Then he tried to get his knife, but the pain defeated him. He could barely move, and he lay on the ground, his eyes closed.

But he wanted to end this, and with a final effort, he managed to get his knife and point it towards his heart.

He felt the tip of the knife prick his skin, but a sudden wave of pain made him drop the knife. He swallowed, trying to ignore the pain, hoping he could find the strength to end his life. He was ready for death to claim him. Weakly he grasped the knife, but could feel himself losing consciousness.

“Aragorn…” he whispered before he let the darkness engulf him.


“I am telling you Aragorn...” Gimli said anxiously, holding his axe tightly, “He is going to his own death if we do not find him soon!”

 

Aragorn tried to stay calm, hoping this would help his friend, knowing that Gimli was worried about Legolas.

“Gimli, calm down...”

“No... stop telling me to calm down!” Gimli yelled, and added, “How can you be so calm when your friend is out there, possibly dead, most certainly dying! I can not calm down!”

Aragorn knew that Gimli was right; he knew that they had to find Legolas before… he did not want to think about it.

“Alright then,” Aragorn said, and then took a glance at the bloody grass where Legolas had lain. “Where is Legolas’ quiver?”

Gimli stared. “Oh no, he took his quiver! That could only mean one thing…” Gimli replied, his voice full of fear.

“We must find him. Quickly!” Aragorn called, and led the dwarf into the forest.

Gimli followed Aragorn, watching as the man stopped next to a tree and looked at the leaves. They were covered with blood.

“Come, my friend, he went that way,” Aragorn pointed, and added, “We must hurry, it seems he has lost a lot of blood.”

It did not take much longer before Aragorn noticed Legolas’ body.

“No…” he cried.

“What?” Gimli asked in panic.

“We were too late… look!” Aragorn answered and pointed to where his friend lay, the knife next to his body.

Legolas was not moving. To Aragorn he looked paler than before, and the blood appeared fresher.

“Aragorn?” Gimli called. He was worried.

“What?”

“What in the name of the Valar did this elf try and do?” Gimli asked.

“I do not know, my friend, though I wish I knew…” Aragorn answered, and then asked, “Now what should we do?”

Gimli scanned the human’s face, not knowing what was passing through Aragorn’s mind.

“You are the healer. Heal him; be with him, he needs his friends too! He needs you to be next to him, to support him, no matter what. Forget the fact that he is deaf, just be with him!” Gimli answered a little angrily.

Aragorn looked at the dwarf and gave him a large smile. “Since when have you become wise, my friend?” he asked.

Gimli chuckled, and grinned. “I think that it was after I drank from Galadriel’s well.”

Aragorn looked at him, and started to laugh. “You drank from Galadriel’s well? I cannot believe you did that, my friend…”

“I know… I did not know, until I saw her…” Gimli grinned. He looked at Legolas and his grin faded. “Will he live?” he asked a little fearfully.

“I will make sure that he will this time. And Gimli,” he added, looking at the dwarf, “we need to find out the best way to communicate with him. We need to reach him, somehow…”

“You heal him, and I will find a way, my friend,” Gimli said softly.

Aragorn nodded and knelt down next to his friend, noticing the deep cut upon Legolas’ chest.

He then looked on Legolas’ face, feeling guilty for having left him with Gimli.

“Do not blame yourself for what he did, my friend,” Gimli said when he noticed the frown on Aragorn’s face, and added, “Though, you should not have left him when he needed you most of all.”

Aragorn swallowed and turned his head to the dwarf. There were tears rolling down his face as he said, “I will try…”

Gimli took a step back. Aragorn noticed this and asked in fear, “Gimli, what is it?”

“I am thinking of ways to communicate with Legolas…” Gimli said, his mind racing from one idea to another.

‘I hope that you will find a way…’ Aragorn thought in hope.

End of Chapter 8.

R/R


I hope so too...

I want to thank to  - Manon, for beta work