Add Story to Favourites I Can Feel It! by Sivan
[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

 

A/N: Sorry for the long time, i will try to update as soon as i can.

Title: I Can Feel It! 9

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.com

Beta: Manon

Rate: PG-13

Warning: Behold the scene! Violence, Guilty. Character death?

Disclaimer: I do not own J R R TOLKIEN's character.

Spoiler: Movie Verse. AU.

Teaser/Summary

Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell.

"Legolas!"

Words had been said, but no one can turn back time.

"I should have listened to you before," Aragorn said, as he tried to save his best friend’s life…

9.

Aragorn stared at his friend, searching for any sign of hope. He scanned the deep wound, his eyes never leaving it as he moved his hand to remove Legolas’ hair from his face.

Gimli chuckled, and then groaned over the sketches that he had made in the sand, moving the branch to create another.

The dwarf’s chuckling seemed to wake Aragorn. He turned around and, noticing the sketches, he stared at them, his mouth half open, though he said nothing.

Gimli noticed the look on his friend’s face and the way his mouth was half open and teased, "Do you want something my friend? I am kind of busy here!"

"I… umm… what?" Aragorn said confused, his eyes still on the sketches.

Gimli stared at him, grinned, and kept teasing his friend, "Have you not seen a dwarf sketch before, my friend?"

"N… no… I did not… b… what?" Aragorn managed to say, and stared at Gimli.

Gimli grinned at him, but did not say another word. He then took a quick look at Legolas. The elf was not moving, though his chest was rising and falling, and Gimli sighed in relief.

Aragorn became interested in the sketches that Gimli had done.

"Gimli, what is this?" Aragorn asked as he stared at a sketch that showed lines and what appeared to be feet. Aragorn wondered what the sketch could mean.

"Oh… that?" Gimli asked, looking at Aragorn who nodded in reply.

"I didn’t finish it, as we have not have any horns on us, and the feet… it’s just something that I imagined," Gimli answered, and destroyed the sketch with his feet.

Gimli was frustrated and tired; he felt as if he had failed his friends. He hoped that an idea would come to him soon if he wanted his friend to hear again.

Aragorn saw the dwarf’s behavior and moved towards him. He placed his hand on Gimli’s shoulder and squeezed it gently, trying to give the dwarf some comfort.

Gimli gave Aragorn a worried look as he asked, "How is he?"

"He has been better, Gimli," Aragorn answered and sighed heavily, and then he added, "I wish he had not fought alone as he did. He should have let us fight with him, we are his friends."

Gimli took another look at Legolas and sighed before saying, "You know him better than I do; was he always like this?"

"You mean, fighting on alone, while I checked my wounds?" Gimli nodded, and then let his friend continue. "Yes, he was. But I never expected him to act this way on the Quest, you know?"

Gimli nodded and answered, "It seems this elf, my friend, will never change, no matter what. He will remain loyal to both of us, and will fight for our lives, and be our friend."

"Yes, I suppose that you are right about this…" Aragorn said, and looked towards Legolas.

Gimli snorted and looked at him. Trying to hide the smile on his face, he said, "I am right, and you know that…"

"How will he be able to hear us?" Aragorn asked, hoping that Legolas could hear and understand him.

"I do not know my friend. You saw what I did on the ground, but it seems that nothing is working. Maybe it is just a matter of time," Gimli suggested.

"Yes, maybe you are right… but still, I fear for him, as he… he is feeling alone and hurt, and yet he cannot hear us, and this is killing me, as I wish that he could hear us," Aragorn said, hitting his leg in frustration.

Gimli gazed upon his friend, an idea forming in his mind. With a smile on over his face, he suggested, "Do you think that his loss of hearing might be temporary?"

"Temporary?" Aragorn asked, his eyes still on Gimli.

"Well, just think. If it is only temporary, then maybe in time he may be able to hear us again," Gimli explained as he saw the confused expression on his friend’s face.

‘If it is, then I pray to the Valar to let Legolas hear us again…’ Aragorn thought.

"How long do you think it would take before he could hear again?" Aragorn asked, his face alight with hope.

Gimli smiled when he saw the change on his friend’s face, and replied, "I do not have the answer, but then, you are the healer, not I." Gimli grinned at him.

"But Lord Elrond never mentioned anything to me about deafness in elves, and I am afraid I know nothing about it. You would need to help me, my dear friend," Aragorn confessed.

End of Chapter 9.